Storyteller of the Shire

Welcome to the Eriador Post Office! This is the place where anyone can write letters to members of Eriador. Here you will find a few tables with ink, pens, and paper set out for anyone to use. Large bins line one wall, each with the name of an area of Eriador. The postmaster comes by every day to collect the mail and distribute it to the mail-carriers, who will take the letters up and down the long and winding Road, to wherever their destination may be.

On a table by the bins you will find small boxes of stamps, along with a bottle of glue to stick the stamps to the envelopes. Be sure to use the correct stamp for each area so the postmaster can deliver your letters!

Lindon

The Shire

Bree

The Lone Lands

Rivendell

Post Office Guidelines
    ~ Put the address of the person to whom you are writing at the top of your post
    ~ If you are writing more than one letter at the same time, write them all in one post

To submit your address, go here.

Lindon:

Aerwyn
    Vineyard Cottage #7
    Vineyard Fields
    Forlindon
    Arien Silverleaf
    Seafoam Cottage
    Mithlond
    Lindon
    Curzon
    Apartment #21
    Gaearil Nestannen
    Mithlond
    Ešrmana
    Cottage of the Vintner
    Vineyard Fields
    Forlindon
    EruvandŽ TŻrwethiel
    I Amar-nan-Lith
    Mithlond
    Lindon
    Fillaniel GliressŽ
    The Blue Leaf House
    Vineyard Fields
    Forlindon
    Laivindil Phairemo
    I Adab-nan-Falas
    Forlindon
    Lindon
    Legolin
    Care of:
    The Travellers Inn
    Lindon
    Sur Vanar UtŪrieste
    The White Sail Manor
    Oeruil Path
    Mithlond
    TasarŽ Annuieleni
    Megilvorn Cirith (Black Bear Pass)
    Mithlond
    Lindon

The Shire:

Ankala Teaweed
    P.O. Box 7
    Tuckborough
    Westfarthing
    Anson Longbottom
    Girdley Island
    Brandywine River
    Eastfarthing
    Asphodel Took
    of "Spinney Farm"
    Longcleeve
    Northfarthing
    Bandobras Took III
    5 Bridgeview Hill
    Budgeford
    Eastfarthing
    Brandy
    25 Old Buckleberry Road
    Buckland
    Celandine
    Hidden Willow Bank
    Needlehole
    Westfarthing
    Celebrian Danderfluff
    Kaleidoscope Cottage
    14 Bramble Lane
    Buckland
    Dahlia Goodchild
    16 Wintergarden Lane
    Longbottom
    Southfarthing
    Dolly Toadflax
    2 Strawberry Lane
    Bywater
    Westfarthing
    Durgo Brandybuck
    21 Hedgewall Road
    Buckland
    Eamila Bolger
    5 Green Hill Lane
    Pincup
    Southfarthing
    Eiram
    Rose Cottage
    Longbottom
    Southfarthing
    Faeril Twiggins
    7 Green Top Way
    Tuckborough
    Westfarthing
    Feiniel
    6 Peony Path
    Longbottom
    Southfarthing
    Granny Smith
    9 Cherry Lane
    Bywater
    Westfarthing
    Hamfast Deepdelver
    The Hobbiton Forge & Carriageworks
    Bywater Road
    Hobbiton
    Westfarthing
    Hugo Brace
    36 Primrose Way
    Green Hill Country
    Southfarthing
    Joely Cotton
    7 Old Toby Lane
    Tuckborough
    Westfarthing
    Kestrel & Honeysuckle
    13 Riverrun Road
    Frogmorton
    Eastfarthing
    ladymoon, or Loony
    27 Button Moulder Heights
    Hobbiton
    Westfarthing
    Lavinia
    17 Slow Ford Lane
    Longbottom
    Southfarthing
    Lily Greenwater
    7 Daffodil Way
    Hobbiton
    Westfarthing
    Lily Knotwise
    Old Oak Millhouse
    Budge Ford
    East Farthing
    Llillia Fenhill
    3 Thistle Lane
    Hobbiton
    Westfarthing
    Lobelia Brindleway
    16 Lavender Lane
    Bywater
    Westfarthing
    Losse Brownlock
    15 Fishing Pole Lane
    Hobbiton
    Westfarthing
    May (and Trillium)
    10 Berry Lane
    Bywater
    Westfarthing
    Menolly
    13 Berry Lane
    Bywater
    Westfarthing
    Miriath
    44 Overhill Road
    Hobbiton
    Westfarthing
    Nibor Wanderfeet
    Rose Cottage
    Longbottom
    Southfarthing
    Shi Hornblower
    Hotherton House
    11 Pine Way
    Hobbiton
    Westfarthing
    Sigo Roots
    33 Waterwood Lane
    Bywater
    Westfarthing
    Silver Oak
    C.O. Lotho Hogfoot
    Forest View Cottage
    8 Silver Oak Lane
    Buckland
    Tari Boffin
    3 White Downs Row
    Little Delving
    Westfarthing
    Vinca
    Sunshine Smial
    5 Cherry Lane
    Tuckborough
    Westfarthing
    Yew Zername
    45 Hillhole Avenue
    Hobbiton
    Westfarthing

Bree:

Amelia Pond
    11 Song Lane
    Bree
    Arden Redbrush
    Sheepshade Farm
    Combe
    Balian Alarion
    Care of:
    The Prancing Pony Inn
    Bree
    Beleth
    Cottage of Rust
    Chetwood
    Bernadine Gurney Russel & Family
    The Hunter's Lodge
    North-East of Bree-Hill
    Chetwood
    Daisy Brownlock
    Brownlock Cottage
    Combe
    Ealena Willowby
    Marsh Residence
    7 Ironmonger Way
    Bree
    Estel Underhill
    Underhill Farmhouse
    Under Bree-hilll
    Staddle
    Lalaith Tuilinn
    Elmwood Cottage
    Archet
    Neld Maitlin
    4 Cobblestone Lane
    Bree
    Rian Eliowen
    c/o May & Bill Smithson
    Elder Farm
    Archet
    Rodor
    Wandering Road Farm
    Bree
    Rudy Mugwort
    42 Thistle Alley
    Bree
    Rue
    Care of:
    The Prancing Pony Inn
    Bree
    The Rushlight Family
    Cedarwood Hall
    14 Towne Street
    Bree
    Umbak and Arphazel Maldathar
    c/o Umbak Maldathar
    Woodland Cottage
    Archet

The Lone Lands:

Suro NŻril
    East Shores of Nenuial and north shores of Baranduin (Brandywine)
    Former Arthedain

Rivendell:

Aerlinn Mordagnir
    Nossehtele Tirno
    East-side of the vale
    Imladris
    Aig Mordagnir
    Nossehtele Tirno
    East-side of the vale
    Imladris
    Alcar
    Soldier Barracks
    Host of the Eldar Headquarters
    In the Misty Mountains near Imladris
    Alyarin Mordagnir
    House of Falling Water
    Edge of the Valley
    Rivendell
    Ariethil Annuieleni
    The Tuilinn Bed and Breakfast
    Western Borders of Rivendell
    Caran Doron Grove
    Asteris Elaina
    Officer's Barracks
    Host of Eldar HQ
    Imladris
    Beathan Alasterion
    Officers Barracks
    Host of Eldar, HQ
    Rivendell
    Calinthae and Corinthae
    Adar Emel
    West side of the Vale
    Imladris
    Fanecu Mordagnir
    Nossehtele Tirno
    East Side of the Vale
    Imladris
    Isabeau Mordagnir
    Nossehtele Tirno
    East-side of the Vale
    Imladris
    Laielinwen
    House of SilimaurŽ
    South-side of the Valley
    Imladris
    Loewan ShonŽll
    ShonŽll Cottage
    North-East side of the Vale
    Imladris
    Mar Mordagnir and Ethuil Girarion
    Nossehtele Tirno
    East-side of the vale
    Imladris
    Merl Moriestiel
    I Adab-nuin-Elenath
    Edge of the Valley
    Rivendell
    Quennar TarcelmŽ
    Master Smith
    Tingdain Quarters
    Imladris
    Ranadir
    Silver Falls Cottage
    East-side of the vale
    Imladris
    Rior Laegiel
    Fyreo Manor
    North side of the Valley
    Imladris
    Uriphel Imrathor
    Orchard Slope
    East-side of the Valley
    Imladris
    Wilwarin Annuieleni
    Caran Doron Grove
    Wilya Randir
    Caran Doron Grove
    Last edited by Menolly; 30/Dec/2012 at 06:34 AM.

Innkeeper of the Shire

Anson Longbottom
    Girdley Island
    Brandywine River
    Eastfarthing

Dearest Anson ~

Just a note to see how you are doing this winter. How have you been coping with all the snow that we have been continually pounded with? I imagine that you have been getting hit a little harder than we have here in the Southfarthing, and I haven't been able to stand it here. My new pony, Blossom, seems to be a bit of a baby and doesn't want to get her hooves wet. Whoever heard of such a thing? I never seem to have much luck in the animal department, somehow I get saddled with the crazy ones. Let's hope that whatever animal I get for racing isn't so nutty.

Did you have a nice Yule? Was Santa Chubb good to you? I got lots of nice things. My new blue tea kettle is one of my favorites, but the best is a book on taters that resemble Hobbit celebrities. Completely outdoes the one on rocks, although, my rock that resembles dear old Lobelia could not be beat by any tater. Unless of course I can find a tater that looks like her old wrinkly self... it would be so lifelike. But I digress...

What is new with you? I am looking forward to seeing you at the Drill Play-offs next week. It will good to see everyone again!

Much love ~
    Feiny

Shirriff of the Shire

Feiniel

6 Peony Path

Longbottom

Southfarthing

Dear Friend Feiniel,

Things are going fine on the vineyard. WInter hasn't been too rough on the crops. We had a bit of a thaw last week with warmer temperatures. It was springtime teasing us!!! For now it's bitter cold again and the snow is falling and covering the vines again. We shant see the end of this for a few months yet, I fear. Still, last year was much worse, so I cannot complain.

Yuletide was blessed. My sister Baranduin came to visit and we had a very peaceful yule. Lots of wine, food, ale, and pipeweed were enjoyed. Sleeping in and lots of reading rounded out the week. And, I also received a teapot! But mine is red. I also received many gifts related to my favorite story...you know, the one about the blood-drinkers? Now, it's back to the grind. Lots to do and take care of, as I am sure you know.

Next month I am taking my teenage nephew (Seth) to the far South to visit his home country. He was adopted from a faroff place called Guatemala, and we will travel there to see what it's like for 10 days. We are both excited, and also very scared, as the Southrons are not completely safe. But, we hope to learn a lot and soak up the 80 degree heat in the "land of eternal spring" as it is called.

I am glad you wrote to me, as I hadn't realized the playoffs were happening next week! I will look for the announcement posters. Also, you and I should probably get together to work on the new Drill Team for our larger area friends! But, that can wait, I'll wager, until the playoffs are over.

I am so enjoying all of the new interregional teams. Having more teammates is such a great addition. Yes, there is more dissent, and yes, more ideas sometimes are hard to deal with when you are certain you are right, but over the long haul, I believe the pressure that has been on some of us for so long will let up!

I would love to come and visit and see your taters! We could have lots of fun finding taters that resemble folks like Woggy, Wouldn't he love that!?

Take good care,

Anson

Innkeeper of the Shire

Anson Longbottom
    Girdley Island
    Brandywine River
    Eastfarthing

My Dear Anson ~

If I could find a tater that looked like Woggy, I would keep it forever and ever. Of course, I suppose that it might rot at some point in which case that would be very bad, not to mention very stinky. I will have to come up with a way to preserve potatoes for eternity. Do you have any ideas? I will have to research that.

I am thrilled for you that you will soon be taking a trip with Seth. I understand your fears, but I am positive that it will be an amazing experience for the two of you, and an absolute thrill for him to see his homeland again. I have come across something called 'worry dolls' from there that my mother gave me when I was a wee lass. You put one under your pillow after sharing your worry with it, and it will take your worry away. A good thing to have. I hope that you write down of all your adventures so that you can share them when you return. I am so jealous, and would give anything to go somewhere warm. Preferably somewhere with a beach and an attractive young lad to replenish my chilled adult beverages. Oh well, one can dream...

I meant to tell you, I very much enjoyed your Yule card. I look forward to it every year, and love to read about your family. This year did not disappoint! So many wonderful things in store for all of you! It makes me happy to see that everyone is doing so well. As for your Yule gifts... I am none too surprised. *g* I still have to visit that New Moon show! I have been waiting for a friend, but I can wait no longer. I'll let you know if I see it this weekend. I can use the much needed diversion.

I would love for you to come over so we can get the upcoming drill season off to a great start. I am looking forward to playing with our new teammates, and I am giddy that Woggy and Nav are sticking around as well. It is as it should be. When I get my act together, I'll send you an invite to come on down to the Southfarthing so we can get started. I am hoping that we can see each other this summer, too. Any plans of going to the far Northern reaches? I am going to try for two separate weeks up there. Would be great to get together again!

Talk to you soon,
    Feiny

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*

Woggy Hardbotom
    Under a barstool
    The Prancing Pony

Dear Woggy ~

the last letter I sent had no stamp, so it was returned to sender. Plus, I thought it wasn't a very good letter anyway. Thought a nice new one would be much better. Of course, I was fortunate enough to run into you last night, so I am not sure that I have much new and exciting news to share. This, then will be one of those 'Thinking of You' type letters where I let you know that I am thinking of you, which I guess is kind of obvious because if I were not thinking of you, I would not be writing this letter.

I hope that this letter finds you. I told the Postmistress that you would most likely be found in the Prancing Pony. Hopefully she won't be running all over Bree to find you. I think that it is high time that you found a place to live, dear friend. Then I can come and annoy you in person. It would be most enjoyable. I'll bring my book on "Taters that Resemble Hobbit Celebrities" and a 10 pound bag of taters. Oh, the fun to be had.

Hope to see you again soon!
    Lots 'o' love ~ Feiny

Shirriff of the Shire

Feiniel

6 Peony Path

Longbottom

Southfarthing

Dearest Feiny,

Preserving potatoes? Hmmm...perhaps they could be pickled, as peppers and olives are pickled? Then we could all recite the rhyme "Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled potatoes." Or dried? Or deep fried? Although that would leave terrible pock marks in the likenesses. I suppose that would work if you were trying to find one that looked like Brandybuck!

I do hope you have been able to get to the show recently. I would love to know what you thought of the players. Before we know it, the next installment will also be out. Maybe we should go together to the theater?

I will be very glad when the drill season starts, but I am hopeful that we may end the Kingdom race with a bang! It has been years since the Shire held the drill trophy! I must say, I am greatly enjoying the new junior drill team. There are so many teammates, and they are smarter than I am! Last season, it seemed that about half of the time I was drilling by myself, so having the pressure off is quite a relief!

Yes! We will be traveling to the far northern reaches this summer. We will actually be there on the weekend of Independence. It would be fun to get together for a nice picnic again. We will be there from the 3rd to the 10th.

Take good care.

Yours, Anson

March Warden of the Shire

Tari Boffin
    3 White Downs Row
    Little Delving
    Westfarthing
    My lovely Tari,
    I am hoping you are doing well. I apologize for my strange absence lately and hope you are not overall displeased and upset with me. I never wished to stand you up, and hopefully we can reconnect like good old friends. Would you be interested in meeting me for a pint sometime at the Ivy Bush Inn? You may consider this a request for a "date," if you will, or if you don't have such a mind, then let it be a get-together, old friends reconnecting over a pint. I await your reply.
    Your truly,Joely

Edited by: Joely Cotton

Elder of the Shire
    Joely Cotton
    7 Old Toby Lane
    Tuckborough
    Westfarthing

Dearest Joely,
    I am doing well. I haven't noticed your absence much as I have been absent and busy as well and do apologize for not keeping in good touch with you. I would be interested in meeting you at the Ivy Bush Inn. In fact, I am the bartender there so you're sure to find me there most any night. It's never too crowded for a pint for even the bartender though. It will be good to reconnect again and catch up on old times! It's been far too long!
    Tari

Banned
    <DIV =WebWizRTE marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" leftmargin="1" topmargin="1">
    <DIV =WebWizRTE align=center marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" leftmargin="1" topmargin="1">
    <DIV =WebWizRTE align=left marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" leftmargin="1" topmargin="1">
    <DIV =WebWizRTE align=left marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" leftmargin="1" topmargin="1">Arien Silverleaf
    <DIV =WebWizRTE align=left marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" leftmargin="1" topmargin="1">
    <DIV =WebWizRTE align=left marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" leftmargin="1" topmargin="1">Seafoam Cottage
    Mithlond
    Lindon

<DIV =WebWizRTE align=left marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" leftmargin="1" topmargin="1">Dearest Arien,
    <DIV =WebWizRTE align=left marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" leftmargin="1" topmargin="1">It has been a long time since Ihad sentyou a letter, I thought this would be a good time tostart writing again. As you're probably aware by now, I've been travelling abroad to remote placesand have finally decided to return to the Shire. In fact, I have but a day's journey left before I reach 27 Button Moulder Heights.
    <DIV =WebWizRTE align=left marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" leftmargin="1" topmargin="1">I reckon you wish to know aboutmy adventures? Well, I can honestly tell you that it was a remarkable one, to say the least, because it wasn't anything like how I imagined it to be when I first left my home. The journey wasn't always full of delightas I had hoped, but I am confident thatwisdom and experience I have gainedthrough my adventures can, and will, only enrich my life in the years to come.
    <DIV =WebWizRTE align=left marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" leftmargin="1" topmargin="1">Have to admit, there were times when the road was extremely rough and I desired nothing more than to go home. I travelled onunmarked roads, full of dangerous creatures lurkingin the shadows and waiting for me among jagged rocks. At times, I've had to endure cold and loneliness with little foodor water in my knapsack. Say, I do recallone particular night, it was pouring in the woods and I could see absolutely nothing in front of me. There was a wolfhowling inthe distance, though never too far from where I was standing; I sensed that he was howlingover some grief whichhe knew not how to resolve. You cannot imagine the terrorwhich consumed me then! Being all toomindful of how viciously wolves can attack an unsuspecting hobbit, I could not let my guard down, even for a minute! (Hahaha! Looking back, I really shouldn't have worried!). Anyway, this ferocious wolf eventually discovered me, alone and vulnerable, standing beside the cold, cold, wettree. And though it was dark, I could see its eyesblazing like fire!!!
    <DIV =WebWizRTE align=left marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" leftmargin="1" topmargin="1">My natural instinct told me to run. But where exactlywould I run off to, in the middle of the forest andin darkness, with this wolf coming after me? I had to think quickly and reach for that ever-faithful frying pan in my bag. I swungmy weaponback and forth, like some deranged hobbit, hoping toprevent the beast from drawing near. Of course, I knew the frying pan alone would not, could not, protect me from the wolf's attack. Then I reached formy pouch of ground peppers which I was ready tothrow atthe wolf'seyes... not that I felt assured that by doing so, the wolf would leave me alone. But what else was I to do?
    <DIV =WebWizRTE align=left marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" leftmargin="1" topmargin="1">I heard it growl and lunge towards me, just as Iwas swingingthat frying pan for, what I believed, the tenth time. Or was it the twelfth? It matters not. Besides, I don't know for how long I've been swinging that frying pan. My arms were weary and I could not tell exactly whatthe wolfwas intending to do! Just then, all became dark and I no longer sawthe glowing eyes of the beast. Before I could assess what had happened to him, somebody, or something, grabbed me from behind and snatched my frying pan! Gasp!
    <DIV =WebWizRTE align=left marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" leftmargin="1" topmargin="1">I let out a scream...
    <DIV =WebWizRTE align=left marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" leftmargin="1" topmargin="1">The rest of the tale will have to wait, my dear Arien, as you must tell me of your own adventures. Plus, Frigmor Baggand, the Inn Keeper, is quite insistentthatI get some sleep tonight. You see, he feels obliged to stay awake if the guestrooms have their lights on well after midnight. Like mine, I suppose. Hopefully, the time I write to you again I should be back in my home. Until then, take care.
    <DIV =WebWizRTE align=left marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" leftmargin="1" topmargin="1">Your friend,
    <DIV =WebWizRTE align=left marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" leftmargin="1" topmargin="1">Loony

Healer of Imladris

Ladymoon
    Hobbiton
    Westfarthing

Dearest Loony,
    What a surprise it is to receive your letter today! I do have to say that I admire you for your brave adventures, I can imagine what a good amount soul-searching and reflection can do for the soul. Plus, a change in scenery always adds a little perspective to things. That having been said, I am more than glad to hear that you escaped from that terrible wolf. (I have seen dear Tilion growl at many a passing stranger, and he is but a pup. I shudder to think what he would turn into without training. ) I suppose it is indeed true that a frying pan is a hobbit's best friend...you brave, brave soul. Fighting off that wolf with a frying pan! And while it frightens me to think of you in such danger, I couldn't help but smile at the image--it's quite comedic in a way. Alas, you leave me hanging just at the climax of the story! I do desire to hear the rest! What an adventure...
    As you must have gathered, I have recently left my parents in Imladris behind to come to Lindon. The sea has ever held a fascination for me, I think I must have fallen in love with it from the first stories I heard as an elfling. Although I have to admit, it was not only my love of the sea that brought me here, but the love of my Beloved... He left for the West but a week ago; I came to see him off despite his wishes. Words cannot express how painful that parting was in the harbor. He wanted me to leave with him; I desired that he should stay. Yet how could I leave the place I have known and loved all my life? I know that the tidings of Sauron's growing forces are dark, but I still believe that there is hope. It seems Lindon could use a little bit more hope--but who can blame these elves--daily they build their ships, and daily they watch as more and more elves depart. I myself feel an odd tug at the heart some days, but I think that my time for the West has yet to come.
    Alright, I must be off now to run some errands. Thank you for your letter dear Loony, and I hope to hear the remainder of your tale soon!
    Hugs,Arien

Banned
    <DIV align=center marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" leftmargin="1" topmargin="1" ="WebWizRTE">
    <DIV align=left marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" leftmargin="1" topmargin="1" ="WebWizRTE">
    <DIV align=left marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" leftmargin="1" topmargin="1" ="WebWizRTE">Arien Silverleaf
    <DIV align=left marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" leftmargin="1" topmargin="1" ="WebWizRTE">
    <DIV align=left marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" leftmargin="1" topmargin="1" ="WebWizRTE">Seafoam Cottage
    Mithlond
    Lindon

<DIV align=left marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" leftmargin="1" topmargin="1" ="WebWizRTE">Dearest Arien,
    <DIV align=left marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" leftmargin="1" topmargin="1" ="WebWizRTE">I was please with how quickly your mail was delivered to me today! Right now,it is a quiet morning here, Ican hear the birds chirping. Certainly is much peacefulnow whencompared to yesterday.Upon my return last night, I foundmy home completed ransacked by my relatives! They carried away all of my possessions, including my furniture, my bed, my clothes, everything, even windows and a doorknob. Can you believe it? I am still trying to register everythingthat has happened to this day; could be an opportunity for growth, I suppose. In any case,I managed to finda spare pillow and some blankets in one of the old trunks that was tucked away in guestroom.
    <DIV align=left marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" leftmargin="1" topmargin="1" ="WebWizRTE">I am sorry to hear of your loss, my dear. Letting go of someone is perhaps the most difficult challenge we will everencounter in our lives, or at least, that is I learned fromlosing abest friend. However, I know that you are a strong, strong person. A remarkable elf. Plus, the kind of separation you speak of does not seem permanent to me. Perhaps there will be a day when you will join your Beloved and parents in the West? But until such a day comes, be comforted by the knowledge thatthere is at least one friend remaining who is glad you've stayed behind.
    <DIV align=left marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" leftmargin="1" topmargin="1" ="WebWizRTE">And speaking of departures and whatnot, I notice that the Shire is not as populated as when I had left it. There are certain rumours circulating in this area about strange visitors in the middle of the night; they arecloaked in black hoods, mounted on horses, they say.This is a terrifying sight, to be quite honest with you. But I like to think thatthese aresimply rumours and nothing more.
    <DIV align=left marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" leftmargin="1" topmargin="1" ="WebWizRTE">Anyway back to my old adventure...
    <DIV align=left marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" leftmargin="1" topmargin="1" ="WebWizRTE">Now remember, I had not quite defeated the wolf with my frying pan, as much as I wish I had. But by some divine intervention, or miracle, the wolf had disappeared right before my eyes! Or so I thought, because I could no longer see his glowing eyes. I let out a scream the momemntsomebody, or something grabbed my wristsfrom behind!
    <DIV align=left marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" leftmargin="1" topmargin="1" ="WebWizRTE">"Don't worry, lass it is only I, Beorn," spoke a voice, sounding rather softer than whatI had expected.
    <DIV align=left marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" leftmargin="1" topmargin="1" ="WebWizRTE">Beorn? I had neverknownany Beorns in my life and wondered who this person, or creature,could reallybe; and yet, something in me felt calm, comforted, by his presence. He released his grip on me immediately and then assured me in his kind voice that he was a friend to the lost and helpless. When I inquired him about the wolf, he said that he was also a friend of the wild beasts and, apparently, knew their ways. He commanded the wolf to leave me be and that was exactly what happened. Amazing guy, no? In any case,I will leave out the rest of the details of myencounter with Beorn, for he asked me not to expose him to the world. Well, not unless it was necessary.
    <DIV align=left marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" leftmargin="1" topmargin="1" ="WebWizRTE">I am going to end my letter here, even thoughI wish to writesome more. Embarrassing as it is, I am running out of parchment and ink!
    <DIV align=left marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" leftmargin="1" topmargin="1" ="WebWizRTE">Let me know how everything progresses. I truly hope you'll feel better soon.
    <DIV align=left marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" leftmargin="1" topmargin="1" ="WebWizRTE">All the best and much love,
    <DIV align=left marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" leftmargin="1" topmargin="1" ="WebWizRTE">Loony

Healer of Imladris

Ladymoon
    Hobbiton
    Westfarthing

Dear Loony,

Oh how terrible for your relatives to do such a thing! Did they ever think that they would get away with it, the thieves! It is such a shame that they are so greedy--you should pay them a most unwelcome call and demand that they return all of your belongings!
    But, should you need anything extra, do let me know. Better yet, you can come visit me if you ever need to see a familiar face. I am not surprised to hear that the Shire has changed; but I suppose that even if a place one loved was to remain the same, we could change in such a way that we will see old things and places with a different perspective.

This Beorn of whom you write sounds like a fascinating character. He certainly must be far from ordinary, you are terribly lucky to be saved with his help! I am glad that everything turned out allright. What an adventure!

With each passing day the wound in my heart is slowly healing, though I think it will take some time. Lindon, being a new place to me, provides quite some new distractions. It is certainly different from Imladris. In the Valley, we were secluded and it felt as though I was in some sort of ageless existence; the days passed like a dream. But here in Lindon, it is almost the opposite; I am acutely aware of the time that passes and the aging of the world as my kindred race departs from these shores. It is a very different feeling, and at times I feel as though the world is rushing past me, especially with all the news we receive here about the outer world. It is rare though, to see anyone but elves in Lindon; it seems most who live there have a purpose of some sort. But still, I find it beautiful, in a kind of melancholy way. The salty tang of the sea and the moist wind is still as appealing to me as the first day I arrived; and the sunsets--!

You shall have to visit me sometime and see for yourself the shores in their splendor.

And now I shall have to be going, I've got to do some spring cleaning!

Hugs,
    Arien

Banned

<DIV marginheight="1" ="WebWizRTE" marginwidth="1" topmargin="1" leftmargin="1">
    <DIV marginheight="1" ="WebWizRTE" marginwidth="1" topmargin="1" leftmargin="1">
    <DIV align=center marginheight="1" ="WebWizRTE" marginwidth="1" topmargin="1" leftmargin="1">
    <DIV align=left marginheight="1" ="WebWizRTE" marginwidth="1" topmargin="1" leftmargin="1">
    <DIV align=left marginheight="1" ="WebWizRTE" marginwidth="1" topmargin="1" leftmargin="1">Arien Silverleaf
    <DIV align=left marginheight="1" ="WebWizRTE" marginwidth="1" topmargin="1" leftmargin="1">
    <DIV align=left marginheight="1" ="WebWizRTE" marginwidth="1" topmargin="1" leftmargin="1">Seafoam Cottage
    Mithlond
    Lindon

<DIV align=left marginheight="1" ="WebWizRTE" marginwidth="1" topmargin="1" leftmargin="1">Dearest Arien,
    <DIV align=left marginheight="1" ="WebWizRTE" marginwidth="1" topmargin="1" leftmargin="1">I amglad to hear that you are getting better with each passing day.Perhaps time willhelp you forget the pain and move beyond your grief. In the meantime, if you feel that your heart has not finished grieving, do shed your tears and let the emotions pour out of you.Also,know that I am here for you, waiting and eager to listen.
    <DIV align=left marginheight="1" ="WebWizRTE" marginwidth="1" topmargin="1" leftmargin="1">I cannot possibly imaginewhat Lindon must look like at this time of the year. As a child, I have often heard of Mr. Bilbo's tales andof his meeting with the elves, but seldom it has crossed my mind that the dwelling of such majestic beings,like you and your kinsmen, could also beone with many partings. One of these days, I would like to make avisit to the very shores you have spoken of and do my sharein paying homage to the kind elves. Perhaps visiting you will be a good sea change for both of us.
    <DIV align=left marginheight="1" ="WebWizRTE" marginwidth="1" topmargin="1" leftmargin="1">Indeed, those uncanny relatives of mine! It is not the first time they have done this to me, unfortunately. Every now and then, or whenever I leave the Shire for extended periods of time, there are particular hobbits, namely my second cousins though the Took and Sackville clan, who invade my smial and auction off my belongings at the first chance they get! I should probably do as you recommend: confront thesefolks and demand that they return my items at once! However, I honestly don't know where to begin or which relative to visit. It appears to methat by now, my favourite teapot andfinest plates could be in thehands of some smuggler in Bree! In any case, these lost items of mine shall be brought back, one way or another.
    <DIV align=left marginheight="1" ="WebWizRTE" marginwidth="1" topmargin="1" leftmargin="1">Ah, but let us speak of happier tidings! The weather seems to have improved drastically these days, don't you think so? I hadan opportunity to take a long stroll through the village after having my second breakfast this morning. The birds are singing, the flowers are in bloom... gosh, I just love spring! As soon as I can find a shovel anda spade, I'll be working on my garden again. Say,this reminds me, I too have some spring cleaning to do. Let me know how yours went.
    <DIV align=left marginheight="1" ="WebWizRTE" marginwidth="1" topmargin="1" leftmargin="1">Your friend,
    <DIV align=left marginheight="1" ="WebWizRTE" marginwidth="1" topmargin="1" leftmargin="1">LoonyEdited by: ladymoon

Helmsman of Lindon

<DIV marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" topmargin="1" leftmargin="1" ="WebWizRTE">

Aig Mordagnir<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><O:P></O:P>

Nossehtele Tirno<O:P></O:P>
    East-side of the vale
    Imladris<O:P></O:P>

<O:P></O:P>
    Dear Aigronding,

Hello dear cousin and do please extend that hello to all in your family. I write to know how the twins Arawen and Heledir are doing since their birth? I thought to wait until Mar had sufficient time to recover and enjoy her children before I started inquiring. How are you the proud Atar? I know it seems you have all the babysitters needed as large as your family is and the fact it extends into other branching families through your adoption into the Silverleaf family. So asking to watch them is a mute request, if only to give you and Mar a breather. So I shall request to have them over as my guest since they are family to me and I do miss holding a wee babe in my arms. However, itís up too you and Mar of course and I shall await to hear at least how they are doing.
    You know where the Tuilinn is and if anyone in that big family of yours would like to come, it will be wonderful if they did. Of course, you can send an invite over to the Nossehtele in stead if visiting me is out the question *giggles*. Ariethil once visited long ago and well, I would like to get there myself. Ariethil cannot take me herself since the arrival of her family; she has been busy both in the Host and at the Tuilinn.
    Well enough chattering and Iíll allow you the chance to respond to me one way or the other of your wish and what to expect. I will be in Lindon during the summer leaving the Tuilinn in the care of Ariethil for a month. So before I leave I hope to hear from you soon.
    Love ya,
    Your Cousin TasaEdited by: TasarŽ Annuieleni

Thain of the Mark

TasarŽ Annuieleni
    Mithlond
    Lindon<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Dear Aunt TasarŽ,
    I think Iíll stick with calling you aunt. If that is alright with you, of course. Family relations are far too confusing for me past mother/father, brother/sister, aunt/uncle, and cousin. And within the Mordagnirs, I like to keep it simple since there are so many. The thing is, Iím not quite sure who I am NOT related to. Especially among the elves. It seems when I go to Rivendell, everywhere I turn there is a Mordagnir. (Atar talks about me? Thatís funny. I rarely see him, I thought he wouldnít talk much about me. Iím rather flared.)
    Anyway, as for a visit, as much as Iíd enjoy visiting you, it seems that travelling is not really an option for me. For you see, I am with child. And so thus my travel has been restricted severely. But, I would gladly take you up on your request to come here to the Rohirric lands. Perhaps you could come to my village? Or if you would like there is an Inn that just opened in the Westanmearc called the Gwyfyrn Inn. Itís not too far from my own village, and Iíd be able to go that far. As long as my husband comes of course. And then perhaps you can come to my village and stay in the Inn there. I would offer my own house, but I am afraid itís not very big. I hope you donít mind the humble lifestyle we live.
    Honored,
    Rowena

Aigronding and Mar Mordagnir
    Nossehtele Tirno
    East-side of the vale
    Imladris

Amil and Atar,
    Sorry its been a while since last we spoke. Anyway, how are you? Amil, remember when you asked me when I was going to get started on a family? Well, guess what? We are going to be parents in about four more months. Is that not exciting? Sorry we didnít tell you sooner, we feared that I might have to leave the cavalry sooner than was necessary if I told anyone. But you both should come for a visit. And I sure would like you both here when we have the baby. I hope all is well with you? How are my siblings? Howís the Valley treating you?
    I hope to hear from you soon,
    Rowena

~Beadorhaelend (Westmark)~
    ~They told me to get off my high horse... I ran them over instead~

Doorwarden of Minas Tirith
    <DIV =WebWizRTE marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" leftmargin="1" topmargin="1">To: Ariethil Annuieleni
    Caran Doron Grove

<DIV =WebWizRTE marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" leftmargin="1" topmargin="1"><?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><?: PREFIX = O /><O:P>
    </O:P>
    <B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">[/B]<O:P>
    </O:P><O:P>

I'm so happy to hear from you and that you're alright.You've been in my thoughts even ifit hasbeen long since we last spoke. A husband and two sons you say? I'm over joyed to get the oppurtunity to finally meet them. Of course I've known of them but I never thought to actually meet them. I'm sure your sons are fine men, what else could they be with a Mother like you?

You return to the Host? I'm pleased to hear this, I know you were very proud to serve them and I understand your dificulty as I too have returned to the Cavalry where I once held a position I was proud of. I supposeI will have to start from the bottom again and I truely have no problem with that it's just I will miss holding that rank. It's been good for me tho, at least with the cavalry it is a steady job and I'm not stuck out in the cold come this winter.
    I will look forward to your visit Sister and I can't wait to meet your family.

You? Run a bed and breakfast? I will be sure to travel and repay the visit and see this place. Do you mind if I bring someone with me? I'm sure you know him.

Till I see you again Sister.

Love,

Isolde Alarion
    Edoras</O:P><O:P></O:P>

Healer of Imladris

Ladymoon
    Hobbiton
    Westfarthing

Dearest Loony,
    Apologies for my delayed response! I hope this letter finds you well. My spring cleaning went well, though I was far too ambitious in the undertaking and started many a project that took me much longer than I expected. Though now I can at least boast a newly white-washed cottage, complete with curtains, and a new gate. The insides are finally clean enough for my taste, though filling the rooms will take many a visit to the woodworkers and the market. I am relieved to be able to rest now and fully enjoy the spring; I set up a hammock-like contraption outside for the nights I wish to sleep beneath the stars. (It is also particularly handy for the nights I accidentally lock myself out. I am more forgetful than I had imagined).
    We had a gentle spring shower this morning, but as I write this now the skies have cleared into a serene blue. I have taken up more poetry-writing again, having rediscovered my muse in the recent days. A pleasant old friend it is. I've also taken up cooking these days-- a necessary skill as I am living on my own now. I have sent you a sampling of some of my freshly baked pastries and strawberry tarts. Hopefully they'll survive the trip to Hobbiton!
    Well, I've got to start preparing for dinner--I've got fresh fish tonight!
    Your friend,Arien

High Elder of the Shire

Anson Longbottom
    Girdley Island
    Brandywine River
    Eastfarthing

Dearest Anson,

I offer you my humblest apologies for not writing sooner. I had two cousins from Bree stay with me. They stayed with me ever so long and now they are gone. Hooray! I do love visitors, but visitors shouldn't stay more than three days, don't you think? After three days they become a burden on others. Fish and guests smell after three days- it's one of my dear departed mother's favorite sayings. She wasn't into Hobbit hospitality that much as you can tell.
    I showed my cousins the sights, the places of interests, and they really seemed to have a good time or they did a good job of pretending to have a good time.It's so hard to know what to do with people who are used to living in Bree. I wonder if they find my home too quiet and rural for their liking. It's not as if one is going to see a wandering dwarf or elf around these parts. And there is no gambling or roughmen around either. I should hope not. I live in a decent neighborhood where we don't have strange folk from abroad.

Look at me prattling about myself again...so how are you, Anson? How is life treating you? Tell me what you are doing these days. I long to hear what you and your family are doing.

Summer has come upon us quite quickly this year it seems. I am getting my vegetable garden ready. If you would like to visit me next month, I would be most honored. Ignore what I said about staying only three days. That rule applies to people I don't like that much. You m'dear are welcome to stay as long as you want. I have ample room. There is alsoenough food and drink to keep you merry.

All the best,

Brandy

Edited by: Menolly

Shirriff of the Shire

Brandy
    25 Old Buckleberry Road
    Buckland

Dearest Brandybuck,

Oh dear, I do hope I have got your address right. You will have to let me know if you received my mail, dear.
    It sounds as if you have had a busy few days. Fancy those guests not being completely gracious and grateful for their time spent with you! Honestly, who could be a sweeter host than our Brandybuck?

Life here on the Island is good, but busy. The harvest will be ready soon, and then comes the long and arduous job of wine making. But, we will reap the benefits this coming winter when our crop is sold to market. We are hoping for a nice sweet-tasting crop this year. Last year's vines had a bit of a bitter tint to them.

I have been busy building a small home for visitors next door. Help is easy to find, but not to keep on the job. We hobbits, you know, don't like to be too busy! So it seems it will still be a few weeks before the house is ready. We did have many young hobbits (25 in one day!) come to do some volunteer painting. We gave them each a vineyard teeshirt (*A tee that said "Jacob's Ladder Project--Climbing the Ladder to Independence*) Right now the house is being fitted with brand new indoor plumbing! Also, windows are being fitted, doors, and floors, and more paint. It will be so beautiful when finished, that I want to live there myself! Those painter hobbits down the way, you know, Sherwin and Willams Hornblower? They were kind enough to donate all of the paint needed for the project. Of course, nothing is for free....all will get a nice taste of the wine crop when it is finished!

So, my dear, you must simply come to visit, as our guest house will be all ready for you. All of the amenities you could ever want will be housed there, including a hot tub of bubbling water in which to soak your feet, a trampoline to dance upon, and a very large pantry that will be stuffed to the hilt with nosh. And the wine....well you know there is always a special case of your favorite set aside for you, my dear Brandy.

I would love to take the time to come and visit you, once the crop is in and things are less hectic 'round here. Right now, it looks like it might be a few weeks before that will be possible. It would do my heart good, however, to spend some time with you at your home and see my old friends in Buckland as well.

Cheers!

Yours, Anson

High Elder of the Shire

Anson Longbottom
    Girdley Island
    Brandywine River
    Eastfarthing

Dearest Anson,

It's such a joy to hear about Jacob's home. Itisgoing to be alovely, cozy place filled with kind folk. That's my kind of place.I am sure Jacob will find the place to his liking. I wish I did not live so far awayfrom Jacob's homeI would like to see it in person as it is being built. I am surprised at how cheerful you are during this building process. When I added a new story to this home, I had to deal with so many last minute changes that I was ready to pull out my foot hair.

You know how these craftsman are. You ask for one type of candle fixture and when it comes time to install it in the home, the business no longer makes that type anymore so you have to decide on a substitution. Speaking of the building, I do like Sherwin and Williams Hornblower painters especially their very natural paints. I do not fancy their really bright foreign colors. I am going to visit them soon for I need new paint for my home. There are parts of the home that have been scratched by a younger hobbit. Of course, it did not help that asI alsomoved furniture about the home,I nicked the walls as well. But it is easy to blame the youngster and also the dog for any minor scratches about the home.Iam also thinking of putting in new flooring, but I am going to ask a relative to help me. He doesn't know that I'm going to ask him to help me.I know he knows how to do these things so he will be most surprised, and hopefully pleased, that I have this task for him.

Reading yourdescription of all the amenities to be found atyour homehasonly increased my desire to visit. Would it be an inconvenience if I visited younext weekend? I am longing to see your tub of bubbling hot water. It sounds heavenly.There is nothing better than soaking in such a tub after a long hard day of honest work.

All the best...

Brandy

Shirriff of the Shire

Brandy
    25 Old
    Buckleberry Road
    Buckland

Dearest Brandybuck,

So lovely to hear from you. Yes! Please come and visit! I'll have the bubbly tub and the bubbly wine all ready for you! Any time you want to drop by is fine, my dear. It will be amazing to see you, to drink with you and to be merry. It has been a very long time since I've had a visitor, and I have been working so hard. I did get to the seashore last week for a nice vacation....the wind off the water was good for my soul. But the biting flies swarmed me for the first two days and I do have allergies to them, so I was miserable. After the south wind came through, they dissapated, however, and the seaside was just breathtaking. I am sorry to have to come back to work, but work must be done.

Did I tell you I have gotten more work? The school where I was teaching winemaking to young apprentices had cut me back to half time because of money problems, so I started looking elsewhere to provide my valuable training to others. I was hired by a community education school that will not only guarantee me many classes on a permanent basis, but will also pay me almost twice what I was getting. I am very excited. (Moved from Central Michigan University as a temp instructor making 5K per course and cut to two courses per semester, to Delta Community College as a full-time permanent employee with salary and benefits....SO HAPPY!) Only problem is, it's a nice 50 minute cart ride back and forth to the school, and in winter, that could get hairy. Good thing is, they cancel classes when the weather is bad!
    <blockquote></blockquote>
    Jacob's house is not coming along as quickly as we'd hoped. There has been no work done for about 3 weeks. We had hoped to move him there before Lithe, but alas, it looks like it will take longer. And I was so looking forward to being able to really sleep at night after 21 years. It will come, I have to keep telling myself. We have employed his carers from morning til night, now, which does make things easier, and the high shirrifs of our region are providing the gold for that. (We obtained a Community Mental Health My Choice Habilitation Waiver to provide 24 hour care forever!!!!!!!!!!--or until the law changes. )

Brandy, I do hope you'll come along soon to see me. It would be great to share stories. I'd love to talk with you about your plans for your home and paint colors and such.

All the best, and cheers to you m'dear,

Anson

Storyteller of the Shire

Estel Underhill
    Underhill Farmhouse
    Under Bree-hilll
    Staddle
    Bree-land

Dear Estel,

How are you? I keep intending to visit, but Staddle seems such a long road from Bywater. I know it's not really far by cart ride, but we in the Shire keep hearing reports of unpleasant folk on the Road, so I have not ventured too far from the Westfarthing of late. But the letter carriers are braver folk than I, so with any luck this letter will reach you.

Life here is busy as ever. I am still working in the Bywater Gardens, which is usually pleasant enough, though the weather has been abominable this spring! First freezing cold, then pouring rain, then searing sun, then pouring rain again. It's a wonder any of my vegetables have survived. Plenty of them haven't; I think slugs ate them, or the wet cold killed them. It's a pity the cold doesn't kill the slugs. It's a pity the cold doesn't deter some people either! Just yesterday I had what felt like hours of argument with Lobelia S-B just because she thinks the gardens are obscuring her view of the Water from her hole. I told her tomatoes aren't tall enough to obscure her view of the shore, but it was only when I suggested she could dig them up herself and tried to hand her a shovel that she made a hasty exit.

Other than that, I haven't been doing much of interest. Later this summer I am going back down to the Southfarthing for an old friend's wedding. It will be a bit odd to see him married when I remember him so well as a little hobbit lad, but all children grow up sometime, and they all seem to grow up quickly.

What have you been up to lately? Hope you are doing well!

Menolly

<DIV =WebWizRTE align=center marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" topmargin="1" leftmargin="1">TasarŽ Annuieleni
    Mithlond
    Lindon
    <DIV =WebWizRTE align=center marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" topmargin="1" leftmargin="1">
    <DIV =WebWizRTE align=center marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" topmargin="1" leftmargin="1">
    <DIV =WebWizRTE align=left marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" topmargin="1" leftmargin="1">Dearest Ariethil,
    <DIV =WebWizRTE align=left marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" topmargin="1" leftmargin="1">
    <DIV =WebWizRTE align=left marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" topmargin="1" leftmargin="1">I hope this finds you well sister, I've not heard from you in some time but I know your busy like myself. How are you enjoying the Host? I find the cavalry much as it was when I left only there are more empty bunks what with the troubles on the borders.
    <DIV =WebWizRTE align=left marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" topmargin="1" leftmargin="1">I'm not sure if you know the news that I'm now a married woman. Beren and myself were wed in a very unconventional ceremony about a month now. We hope to have a reception soon but it keeps getting pushed back with him busy as well as myself.
    <DIV =WebWizRTE align=left marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" topmargin="1" leftmargin="1">So, I've decided to travel west and come see you. I don't want to put it off any longer. Another bit of news, I've adopted a daughter and maybe I could convince her to join me along with Bear of course if he has the time.
    <DIV =WebWizRTE align=left marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" topmargin="1" leftmargin="1">
    <DIV =WebWizRTE align=left marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" topmargin="1" leftmargin="1">We could meet at your home or somewhere else, matters not to me just tell me where sis.
    <DIV =WebWizRTE align=left marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" topmargin="1" leftmargin="1">Love you!
    <DIV =WebWizRTE align=left marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" topmargin="1" leftmargin="1">Issy

Linguist of Lothlorien
    <DIV =WebWizRTE align=right marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" topmargin="1" leftmargin="1">
    <DIV =WebWizRTE align=right marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" topmargin="1" leftmargin="1">
    <DIV =WebWizRTE align=left marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" topmargin="1" leftmargin="1">Vinca Eltoran
    Sunshine Smial
    5 Cherry Lane
    Tuckborough
    Westfarthing

<DIV =WebWizRTE align=left marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" topmargin="1" leftmargin="1">My Dearest Vinca,
    <DIV =WebWizRTE align=left marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" topmargin="1" leftmargin="1">I take quill in hand to write to you after - very sadly - many months ofsilence on my part. I hope this letter finds you andyour family well! And I hope and pray youwill forgive this silly mother of yours for once again packing up and leaving on a long wandering and not getting in touch with you while I was away....and for such a long time as well! I hardly know what to say, but I'mSO very sorry, my love! I have recently returned to my beautiful Lothlorien - being much homesick and longing to see my family! I feel like I hardly know anyone anymore - which I know is my own silly fault - and this saddens me greatly! I do hope that I might visit you or you me, as soon as you have a free moment! I can't wait to give you a BIG hug and hear all about what you have been up to since I have been away!
    <DIV =WebWizRTE align=left marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" topmargin="1" leftmargin="1">All my love and lots of hugs and kisses!
    <DIV =WebWizRTE align=left marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" topmargin="1" leftmargin="1">Your mother,
    <DIV =WebWizRTE align=left marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" topmargin="1" leftmargin="1">~ Sidra Lockel Eltoran

Dear Eriador Postmaster,

Just taking time to compliment the work on the new postage stamp issues. They are all quite beautiful and give pleasure in their use.

I might even have to start a collection!

Yours truly,

Ankala Teaweed

Storyteller of the Shire

Eriador Gift Service Delivery

Recipient:Took
    Region:Eriador
    Choice of Gift(s):

Message:So, you want to fight a duel? *evil chuckle* Let's see how you counter my lightsaber...

Recipient:Aigronding Mordagnir
    Choice of Gift(s):

Message:Something to hang on the Eyebrows of Doom. *irreverentchuckle*

Recipient: Aigronding Mordagnir
    Region: Eriador
    Choice of Gift:

Message: To a great and special Ada! For an ellon who is always working and rarely takes a rest, some comfy slippers to warm your tired elven feet. Happy Yule! Love, Isabeau

Recipient: Mar Mordagnir
    Choice of Gift(s):

Message: To my wonderful Amil! A lovely bouquet of flowers to brighten your holiday and show you just how special you are. Happy Yule! Love, Isabeau

Recipient: Tolkus and his NPC brother (Lothar)

Region: Eriador for both
    Choice of Gift(s): 2 of each, for both Tolkus and his NPC brother (Lothar).

Message: My good and newest friend I hope that our partnership in Eriador as Rangers is long and filled with adventure. Please accept these gifts including the silver ale mug to enjoy a fine mead or a stiff shot of a good0 whiskey! As for the swords every ranger should carry a backup weapon or conceal at their base of operations namely Osdolen!

Recipient: Estel Undomiel
    Choice of Gift(s):

Message: My good friend I hope that your Christmas is filled with joy and wonder. Please accept my gifts and have a good mead,ale, or other strong alcoholic drink on me! As for the sword every member of every race be they Elf, Dķnedain( Arnorian or Gondorian), Dwarf, Hobbit, and other creatures should have a weapon to defend themselves with if they are traveling across the snow covered Middle Earth fair winds and safe journeys!

Recipient: Beathan Alasterion
    Choice of Gift(s):

Message: Merry Christmas, mellon nin, and Happy New Year coming soon! You're a wonderful person and a great friend! I hope to see you soon in my wanderings through Middle-Earth!

Recipient: Aigronding and family
    Choice of Gift(s): All of the gifts
    Message:Wishing you and your family(Here &amp; real life) a wonderful Merry Xmas!

Recipient: Menolly
    Choice of Gift(s):

Message: To one awesome lady ruler of the Shire ! :) Wishing you and your family a Merry Xmas !

Recipient: Merl
    Choice of Gift(s):

Message: To one cool Elven maiden ruler ! :)Wishing you and your family a Merry Xmas!

Recipient: Naith
    Choice of Gift(s):

Message: To one awesome warrior and GM! :) Wishing you &amp; your family a Merry Xmas!

Recipient: Fane
    Choice of Gift(s):

Message: To one excellent warrior and comrade in arms! :) wishing you &amp; your family a Merry Xmas!

Recipient: Beathan
    Choice of Gift(s):

Message: A Mighty Merry Huggglewas Christmas to you dear godbrother ! ^^

Recipient: Aigronding &amp; Mar
    Choice of Gift(s): All of the above presents
    Message: A Mighty Merry Huggglewas Christmas to you &amp; your family ! ^^

Recipient: Menolly &amp; Merl
    Choice of Gift(s):

Message: A Mighty Merry Huggglewas Christmas to you &amp; your family ! ^^

Choice of Gift(s): Everything (except the coal)
    Message: Luv ya always, you are a great friend (and a wonderful ruler!). *hugs* Always there for me.

Recipient: The Mordagnir Clan
    Region: Mixed
    Choice of Gift(s): Item of choice
    Message: Glad to be a part of such a fantastic family! I'm glad to have each of you as a part of my family.

Recipient: Merl and Menolly
    Choice of Gift(s):

Message: Glad to have two wonderful people ruling Eriador with Aig, and to have you both as my friends.

Choice of Gift(s):

Message: A nifty sword for your adventuring needs. Thanks for being such an awesome friend! Many returns for 2011!

Recipient: Menolly
    Choice of Gift(s):

Message: Thanks for sticking with me and being such a good Pacific NW buddy. Can't wait to meet up again in 2011!

Recipient: Anson Baranduin
    Choice of Gift(s):

Message: You've been such a great friend to me always, thanks so much. Miss you in LotRO!

Recipient: The Eriador IR Racing Team
    Region: Mostly Eriador
    Choice of Gift(s):

Message: Thanks to such a wonderful team for being there. Good luck next season!

Storyteller of the Shire

Eriador Gift Service Delivery

The Gifts:

Yule WreathYule Flower BouquetChocolate Yule Log Mayoral CheesecakeSilver Ale Mug Foothair Care/Pedicure Basket
    Squishy Smaug Slippers Plushy Huan Stuffed Animal
    Sparkling White Grape Juice Happy Holidays Cake

To: Luthien Tinuviel a.k.a. BLT
    Choice of Gift(s): Mayoral Cheesecake

To: Moriel

To: Aigronding Mordagnir

To: Sur Vanar

To: Sur

Choice of Gift(s): Sparkling White Grape Juice

Message: It's been great getting to know you Sur! Hope you have a wonderful Christmas.

To: Aig

Choice of Gift(s): Plushy Huan

Message: For being such a wonderful ruler and running a most excellent historical RPG.

To: Merl

Choice of Gift(s): Yule Flower Bouquet

Message: Thanks for being such a great ruler! Merry Christmas!

To: Menolly

Choice of Gift(s):Foothair care basket

Message: Thanks for being such an awesome ruler. Merry Christmas!

To: Janowyn

Choice of Gift(s): Chocolate Yule Rog

Message: For you, Janowyn. Thank you for being a great friend and listener. With all my heart. *hugs* May 2012 a good year to you.

To: Aigronding
    Choice of Gift(s): Silver Ale Mug
    Message: For you, Aigronding, you are a fantastic friend in RPG and always ready with ideas. I wish I had your energy and enthousiastm for things. May 2012 be a succesful year to you.

To: All the Tingdaindwellers
    Choice of Gift(s): Yule Flower Bouquets (5 at least)
    Message: To all apprentice smiths, I love it to teach the trade to you. You make it into a nice and warm place (not only the fires) to dwell *g* My best wishes for the New Year to you.

To: Rian
    Choice of Gift(s): Chocolate Yule Log
    Message: For you, Rian, you are one of the fantastic posters I can admire here on the Plaza. I do hope you experience 2012 as a good year.

To: Mar
    Choice of Gift(s): Plushy Huan
    Message: For you, Mar, thinking of your progress in the Tingdain makes me smile always. You have an admiring spirit. I do hope your character becomes a full-fetched smith *g*The best wishes for 2012.

To: Beathan
    Choice of Gift(s): Smaug Slippers
    Message: For you, Beathan, with the head in the clouds it is quite hard to find you. I know we are each others inspirators in the Cottage *g* And thanks for your part toward me. My best wishes for 2012. I love it visit your thread in COLP.

Choice of Gift(s): Sparkling White Grape Juice and Happy Holidays Cake
    Message: Aigronding Mordagnir thank you so much for the past six months. They've been the best in a long time with your encouragement and wonderful acquaintance. I owe a lot to you for my great Plaza life... Happy Yuletide my Lord Elrond, and here's to many more!

To: Merl Moriestel
    Message: Merl Moriestel, thank you so much for everything you do for Eriador. Happy Yuletide my Lord CŪrdan, and here's to many more!

Choice of Gift(s): Plushy Huan Stuffed Animal
    Message: Menolly, thank you so much for everything you do for Eriador. Happy Yuletide Farmer Maggot, and here's to many more!

To: AlmarŽa Mordollwen
    Choice of Gift(s): Foothair Care/Pedicure Basket
    Message: AlmarŽa, it's been such a pleasure to know you and acknowledge how fantastic you are. Happy Yuletide my Minestor, and here's to many more!

Message: Moriel, it's been such a pleasure to know you and post in your awesome threads, RP just wouldn't be the same without you. Happy Yuletide my fellow minion in disguise, and here's to many more! Mwahahahaha...

To: Uriphel
    Message: Uriphel, it's been such a pleasure to know such a delightful individual, you bring me so much joy. Happy Yuletide my fellow Guard member, and here's to many more!

To: Mar Fireblade Mordagnir
    Message: Mar, it's been such a pleasure to know you and stand alongside you in more ways than one. Happy Yuletide my fellow sister of the hunt, and here's to many more!

To: Endril
    Choice of Gift(s): Happy Holidays Cake
    Message: Endril, it's been such a pleasure to know you both in and out of the Plaza. Your feedback and participation helped make the Lindon Guard what it is today, and I am forever grateful. Happy Yuletide my comrade-in-arms, and here's to many more!

To: Calinthae
    Message: Calinthae, it's been such a pleasure to know you both in character and out. In the words of Kaname Kuran, "I won't betray you". Happy Yuletide, and here's to many more!

To: Adalmund
    Message: Adalmund, just mentioning your name makes me grin. It's been such a pleasure to know you and be in the presence of such an enthusiastic person. Happy Yuletide cool one, and here's to many more!

To: TasarŽ Annuieleni
    Message: TasarŽ, you've been there since the beginning and like you told me a year ago - "I"m never giving up on you". I know that situations beyond your control have inhibited your ability to be with us. Just know that you are enormously missed, remain ever treasured, and little Wilwarin waits patiently for your return.

To: Rian Eliowen
    Choice of Gift(s): Yule Wreath
    Message: Rian, it's been such a pleasure to know you. I'm honored to RP with you in all the threads we are both present. I'm actually kind of a fan of yours, and now I can say it. Happy Yuletide, and here's to many more!

To: Tarawen
    Choice of Gift(s): Squishy Smaug Slippers
    Message: Tarawen, it's been such a pleasure to know you. You're a ray of delight everywhere you go, and I'm happy to RP with you in those places. Happy Yuletide, and here's to many more!

Message: Aig, you know you have been an inspiration and wonderful mentor-of-sorts to me since I returned to the Plaza. Our chats make me quite happy and I'm so glad to RP and play alongside you on the Plaza! Your dedication to this ol' place is magical. Happiest of holidays to you!

Message: A toast to the finest farmer in all the Shire! Thanks for all that you do to make Eriador a wonderful place to live and play.

Message: Even elves need their chocolate, right? :) Thank you for all that you do in Eriador. I love playing here and have been glad to be a part of the region you care for!

Message: To the great runner of pubs and creator of all things Angmar here on the Plaza, thank you for being an inspiration to the rest of us--whether in threadrunning, writing, or generally being awesome. It's been such a pleasure getting to know you and I hope we can speak more often once both of our schedules look less hectic!

To: Tolkus
    Message: Ah, Tolkus, what would the Shadow Company do without you and your cooking? :P It's been wonderful RPing under your leadership and guidance. You're an inspiration to Rangers everywhere!

To: Sur
    Message: Sur, it's been so much fun seeing you flourish on the Plaza and interacting with you over the months. Your brilliant threads are an inspiration to me, and I hope to get to know you better as time wears on!

Message: Mar, you are truly wonderful! I cannot say how impressed I am with everything you do for the region, but I am so glad that you do. It's been a pleasure working with you on Enterprise business and I hope to RP with you more in the future!

To: Beathan Alasterion
    Message: I hope you get better, brother. Thank you for always being there to listen to me and cheer me up. I wish I could have done the same for you. I hope we have many more years of crazy Christmas Eve convos *hugs*

To: Luthien Tinuviel a.k.a. BLT
    Message: CAKE! I love you cousin/best friend/wife/sister in law!

Message: May you have some very Narnian holidays, dancing with many fauns and enjoying non-White Witch-y Turkish Delight :P

To: Aerlinn Mordagnir
    Message: Thank you for keeping me NaNoing and being both awesome and evil in order to get me to write You're wonderful!

Choice of Gift(s): Yule Flower Bouquet, Plushy Huan Stuffed Animal, Happy Holidays Cake,
    Message: I want to thank you for being my friend here at the plaza. Its really nice knowing you. And really great to RP with you. May the coming year bring you happiness, joy and success. Happy New Year!

To: Airgronding Mordagnir

Choice of Gift(s): Chocolate Yule Log, Yule Flower Bouquet

Message: Long live Lord Elrond! Thank you for making Eriador more awesome. Happy New Year!

Choice of Gift(s): Chocolate Yule Log , Yule Wreath

Message: Thank you for making Eriador more awesome. Happy New Year!

Choice of Gift(s): Happy Holidays Cake, Yule Wreath

Message: Thank you for making Eriador more awesome. Happy New Year!

Choice of Gift(s): 1 Yule Log, 1 Silver Mug, 1 10-gallon barrel of Dorwinion Red, 1 pair of vambraces; inner patterned guard and outer plate of boiled grey leather tooled with the Sigil of the Rangers; A single 6-pointed and Rayed Star in silver. 1 woolen blue cloak; whose interior lining including the wide hood are quilted in fine grey velvet. The exterior edge of the whole cloak is trimmed in soft green leather.
    Message: To my newest and loyal friend I wish you and your family a Merry Christmas here on the plaza and in RL. May your drive to excel keep your course steady and true as the old year comes to a close and the new begins. Enjoy my gifts.

To: Emora(Angelikus Snape)
    Choice of Gift(s): 1 pair of squishy Smaug Slippers, 1 Yule Log, 1 burgundy cloak done with a rich lining matching velvet. Over the velvet is done a light layer including the wide hood being quilted in fine soft grey leather. The exterior edge of the whole regal cloak is trimmed soft black leather. Another gift that the young leader gives to his love is a fine golden broach; in the center rests the White Tree of Nķmenor in full flower gilded in silver and whose leaves are done with several tiny white clear crystals or stones.
    Message: To my love your support since the day we met keeps my course steady and true. My heart holds no other except you. May your Christmas be filled with joy, love, and affection. As the new year comes to us May your dreams for a brighter future be fulfilled.

Choice of Gift(s): 1 Mayoral Cheesecake, 1 Silver Mug, 1 10-gallon barrel of rich Dorwinion Red and 1 pair of vambraces; an inner patterned guard and an outer pate of boiled green leather tooled with the Sigil of your noble Elven House in silver.
    Message: Aig your wisdom, faith in my new-found abilities to create several ongoing threads for the Rangers of the North keeps my course in life both on the plaza and in RL steady and true. I wish you and your family both here on the plaza and RL Merry Christmas and a happy New Year.

To: Mar Mordagnir
    Choice of Gift(s): 1 Happy Holidays Cake, 1 bottle of Sparkling Grape Juice, 2 Silver Mugs, and 1 dark blue cloak that embroidered with a rich lining of matching velvet. Over the velvet is done a light layer including the wide hood being quilted in fine soft burgundy leather. The exterior edge of the whole regal cloak is trimmed soft black leather.
    Message: Mar its been to me at least a full Age of the whole Arda so I extend my Holiday Greetings and Wishes to you this Christmas! As well as a Happy New Year.

To: Khallador
    Choice of Gift(s): 1Silver Mug, 1 Yule Log, 1 10-gallon barrel of Belfalasian White
    Message: Khall all have to say is this; Merry Christmas to you as one a many adventurous and daring Rangers! And a Happy New Year.

To: Lord Voldemort
    Message: You're an awesome friend and an amazing RP mate. May we have more and more fun together. Happy New Year

To: Sur Vanar UtÕrieste
    Message: The colour orange reminds me of you for some strange reason. Happy New Year

To: Grizzly Rian Eliowen

Message: Thanks for being a good sport about the whole killing you thing!

Message: The Mirkwood Guard is proud to have you. Merry Christmas!

Message: Seasons Greetings and thanks for being such a good friend to Rian!

To: Aigrondig Mordagnir
    Message: Seasons Greetings and thanks for helping make the plaza so much fun!

To: Hallas C Pehwarin

To: Nwalmandur

To: Sur Vanar Utrieste

Message: Thank you for your kindness and for being such a wonderful Elrond. Many thanks for all you've done for me regarding Olly. *huggles*

To: Eriador Ruler Team
    Message: Thank you all for your hard work and for making Eriador such a great and fun area to RP in.

To: Sur Vanar UtŪrieste
    Choice of Gift(s): Yule Flower Bouquet and Squishy Smaug Slippers
    Message: Before you came along, Lindon was pretty much a no-go area for me, thank you for helping to make it a fun area to RP in. You're great to RP with, I've really enjoyed your company. Thank you for agreeing to adopt so many of my characters, I hope we can find time to RP with more of them together in the future.

To: Bellethiel Laegiel (Lobelia Brindleway)

Choice of Gift(s): Mayoral Cheesecake; Sparkling White Grape Juice; Happy Holidays Cake

Message: Oh bother ... where do I start? Oh, wait, I forgot *g*, I don't have to type anything here since you can read my mind and already know what I would say! This telepathic field business has its advantages ... Anyways, a very merry Christmas, mellon nin .

Choice of Gift(s): Pedicure Basket; Happy Holidays Cake

Message: My Tinestor! Thank you so much for your time and effort in Healers and in IR, even when real life throws craziness at you. You're truly amazing, and you do so much for the Plaza. Merry Christmas!

Choice of Gift(s): Chocolate Yule Log; Sparkling White Grape Juice

To: Sur Vanar UtŪrieste

Message: Sur, thank you so much. For being so active in Lindon, and in the Healers, and everywhere in Eriador in general. It's always a great pleasure to post with you. Merry Christmas!

Message: You are amazing *g*. Thank you so much for your activity in the Adab Nestad! Merry Christmas!

To: Rian Eliowen

Message: YAY! Thank you so much for your activity in the Adab Nestad . Merry Christmas!

Choice of Gift(s): Yule Wreath; Happy Holidays Cake

Message: Thank you so much for all the time and effort you give to the Plaza! Merry Christmas!

Choice of Gift(s): Yule Wreath; Happy Holidays Cake

Message: Thank you so much for all the time and effort you give to the Plaza! Merry Christmas!

To: Sur Vanar

Message: I was glad to see you again after all these centuries in the Adab Nestad. I have not thought of our past in some time, but I think I'm glad that it has surfaced. Also, grats on the recent completion of the healer training! (and lots of *huggleglomps* to Sur's writer)

Message: I value your great assistance with the Eriador Enterprise. Thanks for all your hard work!

Message: Congrats on completing the Healer training. You did an outstanding job!

To: Rian

Message: Merry Christmas and grats on completing your healer training!

To: Almarea

Message: Merry Christmas! I've enjoyed healing under your leadership, and I'm so glad you took over for me! You are much better at it than I ever shall be.

Message: *hugs* Needless to say I have cherished our time together, raising all these younguns. We don't see each other often enough, what with the Guard, the Tingdain, the Adab Nestad, and so much more. (and lots of *huggleglomps* to handsome Steven)

Choice of Gift(s): Christmas Yule Log

Message: Just want to thank you for all your work in Eriador. It is most appreciated.

Choice of Gift(s): Christmas Yule Log

Message: Thanks for all your work in Eriador, and for your many brilliant plays in WS!

To: lobelia Brindleway

Choice of Gift(s): (engraved) silver ale mug and foot hair basket

Message: to my dear friend Lobelia, have a wonderful christmas and lets have lots more shire fun next year love Rose

To: Gabbi (npc of lobelia brindleway)

Choice of Gift(s): sparkling grape juice

Message: to my lovely sister, hope you enjoy the gift i have sent you, happy christmas lots of love Hafwen

To: Sur vanar utirieste

Choice of Gift(s): yule flower bouquet and a pedicure basket

Message: thank you for all the help you have given me, i dont know where i would be without you thank you so much

To: adalmund

Message: just a little something to my student, have a lovely christmas

To: Lord Voldemort

Choice of Gift(s): sparkiling grape juice

To: nevros

To: menolly
    Choice of Gift(s): (engraved) silver ale mug and foot hair care basket
    Message: thank you for this wonderful idea, have a lovely christmas love rose

Choice of Gift(s): Yule flower bouquet and silver ale mug
    Message: Hope you have a very happy christmas and a great new year!

To; Menolly
    Choice of Gift(s) Chocolate yule cake and yule flower bouquet
    Message: Hope you have a very happy christmas and a great new year!

Crafter of the Shire

Brandy
    25 Old Buckleberry Road
    Buckland

My Dearest Brandy,

I hope you have been well. I must apologize for not writing or calling on you in years. I hope you have not forgotten your old friend.

Life has been good over here in Frodoton. So good I think I've just let the happenings of Middle Earth just pass me by. I have been busy with the fabric weaving business, keeping my hobbit hole in order and making sure I get at least six meals daily.

Haven't been to Hobbiton or anywhere in years. So easy to get comfortable and soon years pass. I hope you have been well in the mean time. I do miss our long conversations at the Old Tooks enjoying our umpteen cup of tea with fresh muffins.

My cousin Slate went back to Bree to visit his family and I think he should be back one of these days. My cousin Amber shows up every once in a while. I ask about you, but she seems to be unaware that you are her neighbor......such an airhead. She did say you were very quiet--I guess that's why she leaves you alone and is unaware of your existence. I hope you have been very happy in your hobbit hole and have been busy doing whatever it is you're doing these days.

It's been so long since I sent mail by post, I do hope you get it and haven't moved. Please write when you find time in your busy schedule and perhaps we can meet for a cup of tea. You must tell me all the gossip about the Shire and where the newest most fashionable pub is for tea or ale.

I did go for a walk around Frodoton the other day and there are lots of new hobbits and other Big Folks walking around. Have you by chance kept in touch with Elanor? I would write her, but I've lost her address. If she's around do tell her to drop me a line. I miss her as well.

Wanting to wish you a Happy New Year!
    Aloha,
    -Jakle

10 Riverview Hill
    Frodoton, Westfarthing
    The Shire

NPC
    Amber Bhree
    23 Old Buckleberry Road
    Buckland

Dear Cousin Amber,

I thought I'd drop you a short note to let you know that I am on holiday visiting my parents (your Aunt and Uncle) in Bywater. I hope this letter finds you in good health.

This is to inform you that during my absence from Frodoton, you are NOT, under any circumstances, allowed to visit the Fabric Store nor stop by to check in. Since Slate isn't there was well, Mrs. Goodkeeper is in charge. I left her specific instructions that you were not allowed in the shop and if you do show up to have you thrown out by one of the backroom Orcs.

Furthermore, you are not to stop by my or Slate's hobbit hole just to dust or check up on the place. The last time you stopped by, it was three months before you left and only did so when your mother was due to visit me.

I have arranged to have that garish bolt of orange dyed cotton fabric, with lime green vines printed on it, that you love so much delivered to you as your Yule gift. Enjoy!

Finally, my mom wants to know if you will join us for New Year's tea. I will send a cart to pick you up in Buckland. You do not have to bring anything and please plan to only stay for a few hours. If you behave we will invite you to stay on for supper.

Please reply as quickly as you can at my parent's farm:

Jakle Brewer
    Brewer Apple Farm
    Bywater, Westfarthing

Your Cousin,
    -JB
    Edited by: Jakle

Crafter of the Shire

Menolly Hornblower
    13 Berry Lane
    Bywater
    Westfarthing

Dear Menolly,

I must have been a good hobbit this year to have run into you in Bywater. When I got back to the Apple Farm, my dad mentioned that you had been over quite a few times to visit and buy apple cider and honey mead. I got your address from my mom. They said you ordered from their catalog so they had your mailing address. I do hope it was okay to write you.

Is your surname really Hornblower? All these years I've only ever known you as Menolly. Hmmmm. One always learns things even an old hobbit such as myself.

I'd was wondering if you had time in your busy schedule to stop at the Farm for New Year's Tea or if you prefer Supper. I will be in Bywater for only a few days before heading back to Frodoton. I must warn you however, my cousin Amber Bhree will also be here. She's harmless, just dramatic. Have you ever met her?

Amber made headlines a few years ago when her dramatic poetry reading circle re-enacted the death scene of Lady Elaine for a group of hobbits. Unfortunately for her, she played Lady Elaine and as her maids launched her down the River, her funeral boat started to sink. There was much screaming and fainting; before a nearby hobbit fishing boat saved her. I was told it was quite funny. Apparently if Amber had just hopped out out of her boat she would have realized she could just walk back to the river bank. She managed to ruin my mother's tapestry (one I brought back from Minas Tirith for her) she borrowed to use as her funeral blanket - whatever that was. My mom wasn't that mad, more concerned that Amber didn't drown.

Anyway, she'll be there. Amber might be amusing, just don't take her seriously and whatever you do don't invite her to your hobbit hole - she may take that as an invitation for a long visit; and I mean months.

I am looking to seeing you again; normally having Amber being there would deter me from inviting guests, but you are the exception and I hope you can make tea or supper.

You can write me at my parent's farm:
    Jakle Brewer
    Brewer Apple Farm
    Bywater, Westfarthing

Best Wishes,
    -Jakle

NPC
    Slate Bhree
    125 Sleepy Pony Road
    Bree

Dear Slate,

Are we still meeting at my parent's farm before heading back to Frodoton? Not sure if your time table has changed. If you're arriving later, I'll find another way back. I want to get back to the shop to make sure everything is in order. Normally I would not worry if you were there. But I'm afraid Amber will show up and you know what that means.

Whatever you do, you need to stop by before you head to Frodoton. My mom and dad want to see you and you need to pick up your New Year's gifts. My dad is giving you a keg of ale and 1/2 keg of cider. My mom made you several pies and knitted you a sweater (I think). Aunty Lo sent you a box of what appears to be Old Wynard. I got a box myself.

Amber sent me a very tasteful (I was quite shocked to be honest) watercolor sketch of my hobbit hole and garden. I think she sent you a picture of some sort as well. Not sure why it arrived in Bywater, but you know her. She probably thinks you still live here.

If you can make it, we're having New Year's Tea for neighbors, family and friends. Amber will be there and I've invited Menolly Hornblower. Have you met her? I haven't seen her in years and years. I ran into her while walking around in Bywater.

No sign of other friends I had hoped to see. You know Slate, I really need to circulate more. To be honest, living in Frodoton has it's drawbacks - I seem to have lost touch with so many dear freinds, but then again it is very quite and relaxing. I seem to only see people who do business at the shop.

Anyway, hope you are having a nice visit with your family. Did you all get my gifts? I wasn't sure if the postal express service was working well.

Wishing you a Happy New Year,
    -JBEdited by: Jakle

Storyteller of the Shire

Jakle Brewer

Brewer Apple Farm

Bywater, Westfarthing

Dear Jakle,

I would love to visit for tea. Your cousin Amber sounds...interesting. I don't believe I've had the pleasure of making her acquaintance, but I imagine she does help liven up your visit to Bywater. And thank you for the warning. I shall be sure not to invite her to my hobbit-hole!

And yes, my last name is Hornblower, though I prefer not to use it. The postmaster is entirely too stubborn about me using my full name when receiving mail, which is undoubtedly why your parents have my last name down for ordering from their catalog. He said something about not knowing how to deliver to just plain Menolly, although I pointed out to him that I am surely the only Menolly in Bywater, and in any case that is what addresses are for! Ah well.

When would be a good time for me to come for tea? And is there anything I can bring? I spent Yuletide baking dozens and dozens of cookies, and believe it or not, still have some left over.

Menolly

Crafter of the Shire

Menolly
    13 Berry Lane
    Bywater
    Westfarthing

My Dear Menolly,

I am so pleased you will be joining me and my family at the New Year's Tea. I am looking forward to seeing you once again.

To allow the greatest flexibility please feel free to drop in anytime after noon. The Tea proper will start at 4 hours past noon. We will be celebrating pre-Tea after noon with the last of the Yule Nog and enjoying cheese and fruit. Of course there will be cider and ale if you prefer.

I will be baking the muffins for the tea, so I've got several of my favorite recipes ready to go. We will have the usual tea fare: tea sandwiches, scones with Shire cream, assorted sweets and cakes. My mom is planning a Lady Buckland cake - this is one of my favorite holiday treat. There will also be Hobbiton triffle.

Supper usually takes place at 7 hours past noon, but this year might be as late as 8. I hope we can entice you to remain for this as well. There will be roast chicken and ham. All the usual side dishes will be served as well.

One last thing, if you have holiday visitors, please bring them with you. We are rather informal and all friends (including friends of friends), neighbors and family is invited.

Looking forward to the Party,
    -Jakle

NPC
    Amber Bhree
    23 Old Buckleberry Road
    Buckland

Dear Amber,

First, I want to thank you for the wonderful watercolor sketch you drew for me. I never fully realized your talent for painting. It is very nice and I couldn't imagine a more wonderful Yule gift from you.

Second, I must say I am shocked by your last letter. I explicitly told you in my last letter that you were NOT to go to the Fabric Store when I was not there. I don't care that all you wanted to do was "look around." And Mrs. Goodkeeper was right in requesting you leave. I told her to do that. So NO, I am not going to fire her for following my instructions. At least you weren't thrown out by the backroom orcs as I instructed. I do believe you owe Mrs. Goodkeeper a letter of apology for your rude behavior.

Third, if you refuse to speak to me until I fire Mrs. Goodkeeper, I guess we won't be speaking to each other for quite some time. As I said, she was following my instruction. I don't care about your "screaming anger" at me. I did tell you in advance and you refuse to follow my simple request. Amber, you are a grown hobbit lass, when will you realize that Middle Earth does not revolve around you. I only tell you this with much affection. Please behave like a tween that you are.

Finally, I am glad you will be at the Tea. Be ready to get in the cart at 2 in the afternoon. It will be there promptly. Do not make him wait a half hour while you finish dressing. I will tell him to leave if you do that again.

I am thrilled you liked that orange cotton fabric so much. But don't you think it's rather too thin to wear as your New Year's outfit? It's cold outside and the fabric is really made for summer wear. I just don't want you to freeze on the ride to Bywater. Remember it will take about an hour to get to the Farm from Buckland. Do wear a warm wool coat or cape.

Best Regards.
    Your Cousin,
    -JBEdited by: Jakle

Counsellor of Círdan

Aig Mordagnir

Nossehtele Tirno

East-side of the vale

Imladris

To the High Captain of the Halcyon Guard,

Just when I think I am finally rid of contacting you, I find myself writing to the one I loath the most in this world. It is cruel actually, that my duties as Lieutenant of the Lindon Guard, include making an alliance with a man I believe to be both foolish and imbecilic. But I do not write to you now only to tell that which I have told you since the day we met long ago, but to summon that aid promised to the coastland guardians in their hour of need - if it ever came. Well I tell you now Aigronding that the time has come, the streets of Harlond reek ever of the innocent blood spilled weeks ago, and the Red Raven threatens commit the same crimes upon Mithlond if her demands are not met.

You know as well as I do, I would sooner slay all of Lindon's residents than hand the shores over to a witch - who is much to bold for her own good! Despite my strong objections to compose this letter to you, the Captain insisted I write it, since we are... acquainted. So now I tell you this, and I hope you're paying attention, for so help me I will <strike>march over myself and you will rue the day you did not heed my words!</strike> Inform the High Lady Merl Moriestel of what I have informed you, gather those who will come with you and ManwŽ's speed arrive to the headquarters of the Lindon Guard before winter's end! With of course, my messenger Fillaniel GliressŽ.

Hoping your journey is as quick as your tongue,

Ešrmana
    Lieutenant of the Lindon Guard

Edited by: Sur Vanar UtŪrieste

Helmsman of Lindon

Mar and Aig MordagnirNossehtele Tirno<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

East-side of the vale

Imladris

Mae
    govannen my family. I am at a loss for words writing this letter. I find that
    much time has passed since I left home without telling any of you where I have
    gone. I risked everything I loved, to attempt to help Ariethil find her
    husband. She and I agreed, you would have tried to come with us, or persuade Ariethil
    and I from this quest. The journey as we knew would have been dangerous enough with
    the two of us. We knew even with our combined army skills, that it was stillnot be
    enough to save us against the perils of Mirkwood, if we succumbed to its darkest
    of creatures. I knew Wilya would see to the care of my daughter in my absence,
    and that she would trust I would return. I am uncertain if Wilwarin is in your
    care or not. I have been unable to reach Wilya at the Tuilinn since arriving
    with a weary Ariethil in Lindon.

Our
    quest has left us with more questions then answers to the wear about of Feraean.
    None of his friends have seen him, nor heard from him since his decision to go
    after the human girl. There was afamily that stayed with us at the Tuilinn; who
    told of their travels that led them too close to Mirkwood . It was there they
    suffered their greatest loss. An unspeakable beast in nature and in appearance
    kidnapped their little girl. The family fled in fear of the beast coming after
    their son. It was given up that their daughter was lost to them and they moved
    on to set up homestead to the northwest of Rivendell; onlyafter having waited so long for the pass to becomeaccessable again during the winter thaw. It was a few days after
    they left having stayed several months, waiting for Feraean to return with news
    of their daughter; that Ariethil and I left to look for him.

We have ended our search having no news of his where about.
    Having not heard anything from Wilya at the Tuilinn, we turn to you for answers
    of where she could be and if you have seen Wilwarin. Our home in Lindon is
    where we reside this spring season having come this way seeking answersabout Ariethilís
    husband and finding none. On the brighter side, we found Hithaear, my younger
    sister here in North Forlindon. She and I with Anorhave decided to see Ariethil home to the Undying Lands. She is
    weary of this place and her yoke is heavy. Without Feraean, she is unlikely to
    stay and Anor will be leaving with her if she wishes it. I will remain here in Lindon with
    Hithaear. My heart weighs heavily not knowing where Wilwarin is. Although my heart tells me she is well, I cannot rest until I am with her again. I haven't forgotten the child I left in the care of the Adab that was orphand as an infant. Please inform me of the child's condition or if anyone adopted the child. I knowI may not have any right to know but I have always cared.

Edited by: Hithaear Annuieleni

33. TasarŽ Annuieleni
    Mithlond
    Lindon

Mae govannen, mellon Tasare! It has been such a long time, I'd nearly given up hope of ever hearing from you again! What is this about dear Ariethil's husband? Do not tell me you ventured off into danger without so much as telling me, your old friend? What else are friends for but to help in time of need? Speaking of friends, and as you mention the elleth Wilya Randir, she did indeed try at first to see to the care of young Wilwarin and the nameless baby you left at the Tuilinn, but it was quite beyond her skills. She is a wanderer, and a cook. Her skills in parenthood are lacking. She is still in the Valley, but she long since sent a begging request that I and my love Aigronding come and take the young children to our home. My husband, as you know, has oft visited your Tuilinn Inn, and Wilya knew him to be a good father, for he would bring Silmiel and the others with him at times. And through him I suspect she must have learned of myself. In any case, she has entrusted Wilwarin and the baby into our care. Wilwarin misses you dearly and I fear she might have felt a little abandoned until we received your letter this very day. The baby Aig and I named Eledhwen, for we knew she must have some name while we cared for her. She has flourished and is already toddling around the house, getting into mischief. She is simply a delight, and all my children love having her and Wilwarin to stay with us. You need not worry about either girls in your continued absense.

I do not believe I ever heard the tale of Feraean's disappearance. He left on a mission to save a family's young daughter and has not been seen or heard of since? Words cannot describe my sympathy for the family and for Ariethil as well. I know, from my own long-distant past, of how great such a pain will hurt, and any words of comfort I would have to say I know would seem hollow -- they were to me, in any case. Time. Time, patience, and caring friends who will be patient with her.

Last time I heard rumor of Wilya was that she had been in the Abad Gelir, a pub in the Valley. But that was some time ago. She was seen with that young thief, Andarion. I believe they are still in the Valley. At least, I have not heard of them leaving. But I do not know where she resides at present. I am glad you have found your sister, but my heart grieves that Ariethil has chosen the Westward path. It is one I'm sure many of us shall take by the end, but I fear it will leave a hole in my heart.

In conclusion, rest assured that Wilwarin and the baby are being well cared for. If it pleases you, I can attempt to seek out Wilya. If you will make Lindon your home, it is only suiting that Wilwarin and the baby -- if you wish to adopt her officially -- be returned to your care. Wilya might be willing to voyage to you and bring Wilwarin and Eledhwen with her.

Sincerely,
    Mar Mordagnir

High Elder of the Shire

Jakle Brewer
    Brewer Apple Farm
    Bywater, Westfarthing

Dearest Jakle,

My glasses went flying and I nearly fell off my rocking chair when I received your letter. You gave me quite a surprise.It has been ages since we last corresponded. Of course I haven't forgotten you. There is only one Jakle after all.

I too have been busy with matters in the West that I have not kept up withShire matters as I should have. We must discuss this over a nice pot oftea and myfamous muffins. Please disregard anything you may have heard from Tari about my blueberry muffins. She is merely jealous thatshe doesn't have my recipe.

I am more than willing to make the trip to your place. I travel quite a bit these days. I had to give up my old pony, Muffin. She was getting on in years. I have a newpony named, Primrose. She is able to travel great distances with ease.

Please let me know when I can visit. I will bring my blueberry muffins along with other pastries I bake. I put special ingredients in them so they taste divine.

All the best and aloha to you,
    Brandy

Crafter of the Shire

Brandy
    25 Old Buckleberry Road
    Buckland

My Dearest Brandy,

I thought my eyes were acting up when I picked up your letter from the post this morning. My parents forwarded your wonderful letter to my place in Frodoton. My hands trembled as I opened the envelope and my heart pounded wildly when I realized it really was you my dearest friend.

I am glad you have been well and you haven't moved. I was seriously thinking of risking a visit to my cousin Amber to see if you were still indeed in Buckland. However the idea of being trapped at her hobbit hole was just too much! and the thought of having to eat her tea treats was overwhelming.

Yes, my dear, do drop in for tea sometime next week if you have time. Just let me know when is good and I'll be here. Come for a long visit if you have time. Of course you have an open invitation anytime you're in Frodoton. If I'm not at my hobbit hole, I'm at the fabric store. I generally stay close to home these days - but am out and about every now and then.

I've enjoyed the Marketplace at Michel Devling and plan on attending some of the Lithedays events. Perhaps you'd like come along? But whatever you do, you must pay be a visit. I have some new books on poetry and some elvish wine we can enjoy in addition to our tea.

Looking forward to seeing you soon! I have to tidy up my hobbit hole in anticipation of your visit.

Aloha!
    -JB
    10 Riverview Hill
    Frodoton, Westfarthing
    The Shire

PS - Blueberry or Macadamia nut muffins would be most welcomed. I do love your recipe. I recently had some wonderful Island shortbread shaped like a pineapple. It was really good - my sister brought some when she visited a few months ago.
    Edited by: Jakle

Spy of Mordor

Aigronding Mordagnir
    Nossehtele TirnoEast-side of the vale
    Imladris
    Dear Aig,

I know you've reached Rivendell by now, so you can't use travelling as an excuse not to answer my letters! I've settled into the Gaearil Nestannen with Raina- we have a lovely apartment, with a gorgeous view of the seaside. I have taken to long walks along the beach each morning before the sun rises. Yesterday I waded out off the point and swam for almost an hour, just as the sun was coming up. I would like to learn how to sail - if I'm here long enough, Lindariel's eldest, Lancaeron, has promised to show me. You would like him - he reminds me of us at his age. A bit impudent and reckless, but with a sensible head on his shoulders. I have seen a lot of Lindarieland Maeglad- she keeps inviting Rainaand I over for dinner, and we talk for hours.
    The other good thing about a vacation? I've found time to get back to practicing swordplay. Rainaand I duel every day - she of course is still on duty as a Warrant Officer and can be called at any moment to deal with the latest crisis. Most of these crises have been amusing, rather than dangerous ... pets stranded up trees, or lost laundry baskets, and such! It is refreshing (and I admit it, not always easy!) to be able to train again - experienced I may be, but it has been a long time since I fought someone more skilled with the blade than an orc! When I return, you and I should take up sparring again - or maybe I should ask Yulmaor Ril, if they're free.
    I promise I have not been getting into any trouble - no, seriously, even you cannot call falling into the ocean repeatedly "trouble," not by our definition of it at any rate! It is remarkably peaceful here, and I have also managed to get quite a bit of reading done ... yes, I anticipate you rolling your eyes at that last, but I doread for pleasure, even if I didn't as a child! Rainaseems determined to quiz me on all of my travels, so I've been going back through some of my old diary entries. I do have most of those still - not all of them, at least one volume was incinerated by a fire-drake in the Withered Heath, and I think another one is still encased in ice down at the bottom of the Bay of Forochel - but that's another story! She thinks I should put a book together - I don't know if I'll have time, but we shall see.
    I shan't ramble on for much longer, but I do have one exciting piece of news - Lindarielwould like to come visit Imladris! Probably around the time of our seasonal archery tournament; I think I just may have talked her into composing a song in honour of our next victor!
    I hope you and Marand Yulmaand Elfaronand Iellaand Tavariand everyone in Rivendell are well? How is the Adab Nestad making out in my absence? I did promise I wouldn't stay away too long - but you probably shouldn't expect my return for another month or two at least, Rainaand Lindariel andI have so much to catch up on!
    With love,
    AlmarŽa

Elrond Half-elven

AlmarŽa MordollwenGaearil NestannenMithlond
    DearAlmarŽa,
    It's with a grieving, troubled heart that I write you. While you've been vacationing in Lindon, Aigronding took it upon himself to training Wilwarin Annuieleni, his niece, to be his squire so he would be able to do something constructive in your absence. He requested her to journey alone to the Ettenmoors where she would meet him and Roina before they would embark on a mission to keep the peace among the mortal villages here in the Ettindales which usually suffer attacks from the Orcs of the Misty Mountains and hill-trolls which are indigenous to this area, especially Knighton which lies closest to the Hithaeglir. Mordagnir had received a flurry of reports of rougher Orcs perturbing Knighton recently at Ost-Ruetorog and he wanted to put an end to their belligerence I was with the host Aigronding assembled from the fort here in the Moors ; while we were guarding Knighton a horde of hobgoblins from the nearby Grey Mountains laid siege to the human community and there were many casualities as we battled against these fell Orcs. I was not with Aigronding during the final confrontation of the campaign, I was elsewhere in the city, but there have been a multitude of reports that he was....thrown off the summit a great mound, Knighton Hill, by a raging troll. He had been trying to rescue Wilwarin who was in jeopardy...and succeeded but at great risk of his life. He is still missing in action ; I do not think he was murdered in the fall but most likely Aigronding suffered severe injuries to his body from the toss of the strong, brutal monster. Since...no corpse...has been discovered and because hobgoblins are not native to this area, I can assume that they invaded Knighton to lure Aig into delivering the city so they could capture him. In hope that Aigronding is still alive although perhaps abducted by the enemy, I have mustered a battalion to investigate this corner of the north ; I'm presently stationed west of Mount Gundabad where we - including Rilien - have tracked the escaped hobgoblin force. I am not asking you to help me, I know you're enjoying your stay with Raina, but I thought it my duty to inform you of what happened to Aigronding, knowing how much you love him, as do many of us, and I will be sending a similar message to Tavari who is still in Rivendell. If you wish to assist me, I'll linger here three weeks to await your arrival. I don't think I could postpone for a moment longer than this once the time I've chosen is over or we might lose all trail of the hobgoblins...and lose Aigronding forever. I can't imagine the pain and worry you're experiencing now having read this ; I wish I could hold you for a while. Hasten forward quickly if you want to help me save him.
    With deepest sympathy, Edan Amrun

Spy of Mordor
    AlmarŽa MordollwenGaearil NestannenMithlond
    AlmarŽa,
    I do not know how best to write this, but you must know - Aigronding is missing. Edanwill give you the details, but we believe he is severely injured and in the hands of a band of goblins who have taken him north towards Gundabad. We have tracked them to a high pass over the Hithaeglir and will continue the search from here until we find him. It is probable that he has been taken down to some foul refuge of theirs deep beneath the mountains, where tracks will help us little. Edanand I and the others are prepared to scour the whole of the Ered Mithrin if need be.
    I would seriously urge you to remain in Lindon - the distance alone is far too great, we are already with a handful of leagues from Gundabad - except that I already know you won't. Come as quickly as you may - your healing skills alone will be invaluable <s>if</s>when we find him.

Please, be careful.
    Rilien