Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
  1. I saw your post in Gaearil, Ennora! Since Sur is away for a while, I'll RP her main PC there for you; I'm sure she wouldn't mind, she's let me borrow characters before. *Also has one of his elves working there*.
    "Whatever happens,
    I'll love you just as I do now until I die."
    ~ Melanie Hamilton, from Gone With the Wind

Bellatrix Lestrange
    Aww, thanks Aig There is no hurry or anything. Since all the big RPGs I am involved in are pretty much waiting on other people to post right now, I am just filling in the blanks of my own various personal RP snatches at the moment, to get my NPCs caught up to/settled where they are each supposed to be based.

Time looping a bit in the case of Nariel and Erfaron, who are simultaneously travelling through the lone lands, arriving in Lindon, and also hanging out in Imladris where, according to nurse Tavari, they may have to holiday for a while to recover foolish injuries !! At least Nariel will have time to do her healer training while Erfaron abuses local publicans *g* And I get to play around in a bunch of regions all at the same time !

I have a sort of messed-up post chronology I am working to, which explains back stories; like I kind of needed to explain how Erfaron had heard about the Marianna thing in Mirkwood. His departure to "help" the Halcyon Guard and Gwandhyra's decision to join the rangers will both inevitably lead to Nariel deciding to take up a more martial lifestyle herself () and join the Lindon Guard. I also wanted to establish a few Bree characters before your big Hill Watch excitement kicks things off in that neck of the woods.

So, I have a plan .. sort of. But throw in the links with SL goings on (which include major time looping back several decades) as well, and it all gets a bit complicated, just for a change.
    I need a Tardis.

3. I love how you link everything together, Ennora; it's heartwarming to know that there's other people like me who care about Continuity !

I have everything ready for the Hill Watch at this point; I'm only waiting for Sur to approve the OP, the ranks/promotion scale, and the Archives information before I get the HQ running in Bree . If she doesn't by the end of the day, I'll IM her on Facebook.

You like Doctor Who !! We have a fan club in LLL for it
    HERE ! *So addicted and eager for The Day of the Doctor 50th anniversary special in November* *counting the days*. It's too bad you weren't returned to the Plaza when we had a Doctor Who themed Eriador for Halloween ! *I was Ten*

"
    The caress of the soft cloth coverings was comforting, yet even as she stretched her long legs straight and twisted in the last lingering throes of slumber, the cool summons of a teasing breeze crept in and drew her forth to consciousness with tugging fingers. The girl's eyes fluttered open, slowly allowing the blurred surroundings to fall unto focus of twin tawny brown eyes. She took in the steady security of strong stoned walls, festooned by the wooden beams above of which hung herbs and drying flowers. Various unmatching semblances of pottery were dotted about haphazard shelves. A simple carven rocking-chair cloaked in the loving tenderness of an inexpert-made woollen blanket.Dessy rolled amidst her bliss. It would seem she was at home, the basking glow of afternoon sun peering around the gaps in the wooden shutters. But why were the shutters drawn at all at such an hour ? The better question would be why there was a young man, chestnut hair falling down to cover one dark eye, as he leant against the wall, arms crossed, silently watching her."

Gosh, I love your beautiful writing,
    Ennora ! And Conkers is adorable.

*Always in awe of the very talented female writers in Eriador !
    Last edited by Aigronding Mordagnir; 17/Sep/2013 at 09:27 PM.
    "Whatever happens,

Bellatrix Lestrange
    I love cats. Conkers is going to be a regular occurrence in my Bree posts, I can already tell. Doctor Who is not half bad either I can't say I'm a die hard fan of the series, but I have been known to enjoy an occasional episode since the revival so to speak, in 2005. Ten is probably my favourite, despite the presence of Donna, who managed to annoy me immensely.

I am excited to see how the Hill Watch works. I saw Moriel's beautiful icons when I was lurking around her pictures thread and was very impressed.

The Wicked Witch of the West
    Awe thanks Ennora! No shame in lurking, we all do it

Moriel
    Once a minion, always a minion.

6. I love cats, too ! Since I'm bringing Anne Walker, the main character of my fantasy/steampunk series Fairralon, to the Hill watch but revamped for Middle-earth, I'm going to have her pet cat Gem show up (though having him not telepathically communicating with Anne will take some getting used to ). Perhaps Conkers and Gem can be friends, Ennora . My favourite Companion is Rose Tyler followed by Rory, Amy, and Jack. I really liked Donna, I thought she was hysterical and it broke my heart when Ten wiped her memory . The Companion that really annoyed me was Martha.

I think you're really going to enjoy how I set it up *Grinnnn* ! I just sent a message to Sur on Facebook asking to her look things over and grant me permission to post if everything looks okay or just to tell me to post it. Hopefully I can launch it today. Moriel does lovely work ; she's one of my favourite partners-in-crime.

*Runs back in* Sur just gave me permission on Facebook to get the Hill Watch running ! It should be within the hour if I don't get carried away with Anne's and Nathan's intro *G*.

The Hill Watch has been created!

I'm going to try getting back to Adab Nestad between today and Friday. Looks like I have a lot of posting to do... so much writing in two worlds
    ....*stress *
    Last edited by Aigronding Mordagnir; 19/Sep/2013 at 07:13 AM.
    "Whatever happens,

Bellatrix Lestrange
    *Is tempted to send Conkers over to join Gem at the Hill Watch* Yes, we could have a cat division, Aig There shall be no rats in Bree, and we can have a pact to steal the ham sandwiches of certain cat-hating Hill Watch officers, to keep them on their toes

And now I am stepping right away from the coffee .... It surely makes me both prolific and insane. So yes, also I have a little posting spree going on at the moment. Before the muse dissolves. Apologies for the sudden overwhelming influx !

Aig

*cheers Ennora on*

9. Fantastic, Ennora ! Hey, I actually love that idea my insane friend. We should have a cat activity in Bree with all sorts of hilarious craziness going on. Wilderland has squirrels - Eriador can have cats. Thoughts on the cat division Hill Watch spin-off ? Yes, Ennora...I am serious about this.
    "Whatever happens,

Bellatrix Lestrange
    Aig, seriously, has the crazy coffee gotten to you too ?

11. Ennora, I have been a lunatic for most of my life . And I actually love flavoured tea more than coffee ! To be honest, I have wanted some sort of animal mascot for Eriador for quite a while.

I think the cats of Bree would be realistic but and amusing . Sur and I have plans for Bree though I may be making most of those activities before she's active again. Having a funny thread like the cats one we're talking about would be grand. I'll be thinking about this *G*.
    Last edited by Aigronding Mordagnir; 22/Sep/2013 at 10:08 PM.
    "Whatever happens,

12. Aig, should Merilin wait for Annarimi to respond in the Adab Nestad thread or can she move to the second phase of treating her patient...which dealing with the nutrition aspect of things...?

Moriel, Merilin will be dealing with Gellam as soon as she's done with Nieseld. :)
    I am now Lost Tales, who once was Nenedhel Engrin, Shadowheart of Lothlorien, Helm of Rohan, Carnil of Minas Tirith, Nenuial of Isengard and Nen Lalaith of all places in another lifetime.

13. You can go to the nutrition aspect of healing Nieseld and then I'll post as Anna again , saying she's done a good job, and then you can have Merilin deal with Gellam!
    "Whatever happens,

14. Cool. Thanks, Aig! ^_^

I've finally caught up with Falf-uin-gaear. I hope to catch up with Ursa Major sometime tomorrow or the day after.

I'm really having fun!
    Last edited by Lost Tales; 03/Oct/2013 at 06:38 PM.

15. I need to catch up with that, too! *High on his list for RP'ing this week*
    "Whatever happens,

ROAR! Bears!
    Last edited by Moriel; 03/Oct/2013 at 08:23 PM.

17. And that one, too !
    "Whatever happens,

18. Posted for Ursa Major! Gosh...the amount of waffling I've done in that post. And there's no dialogue!! ...I enjoyed writing it though.*g*

19. That's cool. Moriel had one post like that for our Earen-Moriel thing once and it was good. Sounds interesting *G*, I will read it later today/. *Going to bed*
    "Whatever happens,

Our thing in which someone needs to post

No dialogue posts are fun!

21. I willlll for the fluffy thing coming up there*G*. I need to post back for Winterwolf and Nen in the Lindon Guard, update The Hill Watch and Adab Nestad, then I'll get to Neutral Land for us before helping you finish The Two Halls and then do other stuff.

Oh, and I was wrong
    ..you only said one sentence in that post in The Ward at the very end. Still, it was awesome though, yes .
    "Whatever happens,

22. Due to her unflagging devotion
    to the Halcyon Guard and her
    consistent teamwork with me
    over the years to help keep the
    host of Imladris
    alive with quiet grace,
    I'm promoting Moriel
    to the
    eminent rank of Arahiril.

Her character, Tavari - Aigronding's
    sister - will be the second-in-command!

She will be training Penrovens - fresh
    recruits - and promoting them to Aphadors.
    All further promotions from that rank to Authon/Authil
    Moriel and I will decide on together with respect to
    the requirements listed in the Rivendell Archives.
    Last edited by Aigronding Mordagnir; 14/Nov/2013 at 09:41 AM.
    "Whatever happens,

Count Dracula
    Now that I'm back I'm planning to get Rior back to halcyon but I don't know where to start.
    Rohirrim at heart, always.
    GREED - my eadly sin

24. You could post Rior at Adab Nestad if you like or he can be involved with the mission Moriel is running as Gellam in the Misty Mountains Free RP (which I will start posting in after NaNo).

Also, you could post in the Seasonal Archery Tourney in Rivendell. That's one thread I can update quick. I've been waiting for a few people to come back but it looks like everyone who's posted who wants to go on. I can wait for you to post before I have the next round commencing though. Just let me know.

Ennora, if you happen to be reading this: I'll be PM'ing you back today! It was a very busy work weekend for me and I had to desperately write what I could for NaNo.

Last edited by Aigronding Mordagnir; 18/Nov/2013 at 06:27 AM.
    "Whatever happens,

Count Dracula
    I will join Moriel in the Misty Mountains Free RP and I'll think about Adab Nestad, but I'm skipping the archery tourney this time.
    Rohirrim at heart, always.
    GREED - my eadly sin

26. Excellent! Have fun getting settled back in here.
    "Whatever happens,

Aig Looking forward to continuing our work together with the Guard

Awesome Rior, glad to have you! I believe there has only been one other post since I started the mission, so you don't have too much to catch up on

Bellatrix Lestrange
    Aig, do not fret any about returning the PM. There is no rush. I understand exactly how busy you are with other things.

Congratulatons Moriel on becoming the Arahiril ! That is for certain a promotion well earned !! Best of luck with the Halcyon.

Thank you Ennora! I have also replied to you in the QoI OOC- sorry for not getting there sooner, I completely missed your post somehow.

Calengil, my apologies for the delay, I have posted for you in Ost-Halatir! Just so you know, a timeloop is a convention (that used to be a lot more popular on the plaza) that allows me to reply to two different people (or one person's two characters *g*) at the same time in the same thread. Basically it's a continuity cop-out; a character obviously can't be in two places at once, so it essentially just means that the two bits are taking place at different times. I hope that sort of makes sense

Emperor Palpatine
    ​Is it still possible to join the Stormsong Roleplay, or has the ship sailed on that one?

I believe Aig may have decided to close Stormstrong- but don't quote me on that, we discussed it a while ago and I don't remember for sure. I'll ask him as soon as I can, if it's before he's able to be back online!

I've just spoken to Aig, and he says that we will conclude Stormstrong when he gets back. It may be as simple as just getting us to the end of the battle and calling it good, but you are welcome to jump in now if you like- as and adventurer with the Halcyon Guard. I believe Quill and Baingil are battling a troll and could use some assistance, or you could do something on your own; also I have a Halcyon maethor called Remlasson in play who you're free to join up with; I'll go with whatever you post if you decide to interact with him

Ursa Major folks, I have update you! Falf-uin-gaear, I'll be posting for you soon.

34. Oh, Marvelous Moriel, you are a godsend ! And a wonderful, lovely secretary . I can always count on you! Thanks for posting my messages in Eriador while I was gone. I'll be shortly posting in the missions you're leading which I'm involved in .

For everyone participating in
    A Hunt in the Garden event
    for Winterlude, the roster sign-ups list
    is below for the game. When completed,
    I'll put them in the
    Rivendell Archives thread.

I spoke to Quill and Winterwolf
    first about the activity and they
    had first dibs but the rest of
    the canon spots are vacant.

Claim the
    historical character you want
    to RP! First come, first served.
    Elrond - Aigronding
    Arwen - Quill
    Gildor - Winterwolf
    Aragorn - Angel
    Gandalf -
    Elladan -
    Elrohir -
    Galdor -
    Bilbo -
    Gloin -
    Dwalin -
    Dori -
    Last edited by Aigronding Mordagnir; 30/Dec/2013 at 09:30 AM.
    "Whatever happens,

Bellatrix Lestrange
    Could I claim Aragorn for the Hunt in the Garden event? Thanks Aig!

36. Aragorn is yours! Would you like to make an icon for Strider, Angie, or would you like someone to make it for you?It's not necessary, just wondering.

If anyone else wants an icon made for your historical character, ask Quill or you can swing by Moriel's shop in the Visual Arts corner of the Cottage of Lost Play.

Angel and everyone - I'm editing the name of the tavern in the garden of Elrond. It's now The White Flower. I'm making an edit.

Edit done!

Everyone just begin arriving. I'm working on an introductory post as Elrond. He'll meet everyone in the tavern. Just socialize with each other.

Addendum - I'm just getting back into the swing of things now that NaNo is over so, yeah - I'm starting to catch up with everywhere I need to be like Adab and the Hill Watch and other spots. No worries, just bear with me. Thank you all for your patience!
    Last edited by Aigronding Mordagnir; 30/Dec/2013 at 07:14 AM.
    "Whatever happens,

Han Solo
    Yeah Angel! Be the Aragorn to my Arwen!

Bellatrix Lestrange
    Winterlude looks most incredible Quill !

Yay Winterlude! I'll bring Tavari and Gellam to the hunt for now, might pick up a canon character later if they aren't all claimed by the time we start

40. I hope to see you in the events, Ennora ! I have half of a reply PM to you done, by the way; I'll send it today after I send one to Winterwolf.

Yay, Moriel, excellent! And very kind of you !

Everyone, just pick one historical character to RP in the Winterlude Garden activity, just want to say
    Last edited by Aigronding Mordagnir; 30/Dec/2013 at 10:41 AM.
    "Whatever happens,

Bellatrix Lestrange
    How about this as an icon for Aragorn?

Quill: This is going to be fun!
    Last edited by Angelikus Snape; 30/Dec/2013 at 01:08 PM.

Emperor Palpatine
    Do you mind if I bring Encaitarion, Aig? Normally, I would sign up for a canon character, but I'm currently limited to posting from my mobile.

Han Solo
    Thanks Ennora! :D

That icon looks great, Angel...see you in the garden!

44. Jaldur, you can bring Encaitarion! It's always fun to see the characters of Plaza members interacting with historical ones !

Quill, I love Arwen's song
    !!!
    Last edited by Aigronding Mordagnir; 30/Dec/2013 at 10:41 PM. Reason: uill
    "Whatever happens,

Han Solo
    Thank you Aig! I thought it seemed like something Arwen might do.

Bellatrix Lestrange
    I think the responsibility of portraying a historical character in the Hunt may prove too intimidating for me Aig. But it is really thrilling to see a new activity in Bree ! I shall for certain be looking toward that direction, after I have finished off some of the things already under construction. I promised an appearance for Lady Aikari at the Ettenmoors, and Moriel with the DRAGON ! at the very least tonight *g*

47. Awww, you can post as Nariel though , Ennora, and I could bring Tharmaras. NPCs are welcome to participate! Like Jaldur's and Moriel's characters. But if you do decide not to go, I'll interact with you in the Carolling as Miranda or Anne (once the Hill Watch and the Hallows posts are done).

Also, I'm thinking that the Garden Hunt may be permanent and for primarily Plaza characters and NPCs (Special Ranks would be able to post there as well when SCRs are available to be given out again). So if you rather wait to post there until then, that's cool.

Looking forward to Erfaron and the Golden Wrym !

Elrond edit: Winterwolf, I have your PM messages and will be responding to them tonight or at the latest tomorrow! I have to finish Adab tonight and do a post for On A Clear Day.
    Last edited by Aigronding Mordagnir; 31/Dec/2013 at 03:39 AM.
    "Whatever happens,

48. ...That embarrassing moment when you realize you've spelled your own NPC's name wrong .

Angel, the head gardener's name is spelled Aelriel, not Aela. That was my fault. *Will be spelling her name right in his upcoming post*
    "Whatever happens,

Bellatrix Lestrange
    Ok. I will edit the name of the head gardener's name then to reflect the changes.

50. Thank you, Angel . I just posted in Adab Nestad now but I need to get back to it either tonight or sometime tomorrow or Monday for Moriel as Taurina.
    "Whatever happens,

Emperor Palpatine
    Ok, I've got Gildor's icon done up!
    I'll write up his post tonight and tomorrow as well as the other Winterlude activities and Adab Nestad.
    Happy New Years Eve everyone!! :D

His face was fair and young and fearless and full of joy; his eyes were bright and keen, and his voice like music; on his brow sat wisdom, and in his hand was strength.

52. That's an epic picture, Wolf !!! Looking forward to your post. Happy New Year's Eve to you, too, mate.
    "Whatever happens,

Emperor Palpatine
    Thanks Aig! I certainly like to think so :D
    Whooo!! Here comes 2014!

I just realized that the Sydney Fireworks show is the first in the world to go off!
    Edit: Actually Auckland is ahead by one hour.
    Last edited by Winterwolf; 31/Dec/2013 at 11:14 AM. Reason: :D
    His face was fair and young and fearless and full of joy; his eyes were bright and keen, and his voice like music; on his brow sat wisdom, and in his hand was strength.

And here I am in Alaska, going 'eh? it only became the 31st a couple hours ago!'

Bellatrix Lestrange
    Happy New Year to Everybody!

56. Happy New Year's Eve or New Year's Day, everyone ! Looking forward to another amazing year with all of you .

Do I need to adjust any of the current Rivendell Archive information for Adab Nestad yet?
    Last edited by Aigronding Mordagnir; 31/Dec/2013 at 08:06 PM.
    "Whatever happens,

Emperor Palpatine
    Thanks, Aig!

May everyone find fulfillment, love, and joy in the coming year!

Aig, I'll try and look at that for you tonight!

59. Thank you, Moriel! That would save me a lot of time .
    "Whatever happens,

Adab Nestad archive update needs:

- Laurėlóte (Sur) is still listed as Tinestor
    -add Gilriel (Roq) to Taidor list
    -add Issy to Taidor list
    +1 healed patients for Tavari
    +2 healed patients for Quill (ward E2 now empty; Kolor followed by Lancaeron)
    +1 healed patients for Merilin (Nen) (assuming Annirķmi approves - ward E1 now complete)
    +2 herbs planted for Quill

I think that's it!

61. Thank you, Moriel ! Since Sur has left us, I'll remove her character as Tinestor and remove the mention of the healer from the first post I made and in other places like the archive.

I'll finish up my post as Taurina for you then make all the necessary adjustments

Okay, the Archives for Adab matters is now updated! So there should be three patients that still need healing? Sigil, Gellam, and Taurina? I should make a new list of patients then. Would anyone like to help me? We need 10 people to heal while the taidors are being instructed by Elrond.

I'll post back for Nen soon, sometime after I've posted in the Hill Watch, the Hallows, and Quill's Winterlude activities.

I'll be sending messages back to Ennora and Winterwolf really soon! Most likely sometime during the evening for me.
    Last edited by Aigronding Mordagnir; 02/Jan/2014 at 09:44 AM.
    "Whatever happens,

62. Issy told me in a PM that she couldn't see The Field Healer's Guide when clicking the link in the GM update of my last post so I've tried to get it working again. It should be okay now.
    "Whatever happens,

Charles Xavier
    Hey Aig, this is a silly question, I know, but for Adab Nestad, do you want the taidors to give you a written list of the ways to diagnose a patient, or do you want someone to actually recite them? Thanks

64. A written list, yes, that your character makes to give to Elrond. There's plenty of ways to diagnoise a patient; you can pick and choose which ones.
    "Whatever happens,

Charles Xavier
    Awesome, thanks! I'll get onto that right now!

I'm on my way back to life and writing a post that begins with 'Tavari was slightly drunk'.

Watch out, Rivendell!

67. I don't know where that is but I'm going to be the first one to read it! I've never seen her tipsy before, this will be good. I might have Taurina randomly appear so she can see her like that, and mention how proud she is or something .
    "Whatever happens,

Queen Elsa
    A drunk Tavari? I'd really like to read that; hopefully she doesn't start a brawl or something.

Well there are two forthcoming... One starts something Aig and I will be writing in the Vale, but the one I started this morning is much more amusing

70. I forgot the one we wanted to do in the Vale (I just remember I need to reply to the wolf post) but I'll be checking that Free RP .
    "Whatever happens,

It's supposed to happen after we wrap up the ball in Two Halls but I might get tired of waiting for you

72. I'm sorry , it's difficult for me to juggle my book-writing and the Plaza. I'll get there as soon as I can.

<Elrond edit: I just posted there for you>
    Last edited by Aigronding Mordagnir; 29/Mar/2014 at 08:11 AM.
    "Whatever happens,

Hurray!! I'll post asap wrapping up the ball and then we can get going on the other thing, and the new Two Halls (or back to Hall of Fire, I forget which one you decided on)

74. The new Two Halls can't be worked on right now; I said that in the red notice I included in my last post. It's going to have to be sometime in the autumn or winter of 2014, most likely the former (maybe late September or early October). I have a lot to do for Eriador and other regions already, there are forthcoming activities that require my time, short-stories I need to write in the Free RP threads, and my book is very, very important to me. We and Quill can work on The Two Halls later in the year. I don't want the thread made without my major input and I need time to post there. I can't focus on the activity at this juncture; there's only so much I can be involved in presently on the Plaza .

How about you work on The Bard's Guild and The Stables for Quill and I to approve
    ?
    Last edited by Aigronding Mordagnir; 30/Mar/2014 at 05:36 AM.
    "Whatever happens,

Minion
    Here I am! Just writing a post for the Hunt in the Garden *blows kiss*

76. A kiss and a post, both thrill me ! I'm going to try posting there and in the Bree lodge before work tomorrow !

By the way, I'm very glad to see you're going to help Ril in the RP training thread in Lindon. I still remember the days when you were an instructor in a guild for teaching RP skills in the RPG Forum
    . Gosh, that time feels like a million years ago, lol.
    Last edited by Aigronding Mordagnir; 10/May/2014 at 04:38 AM.
    "Whatever happens,

Minion
    Yeah I don't want to work out how long ago it was - I think I still had dial up. Beliowen and I share a birthday *25 next time* we're both cringing about it! At least it feels like I haven't lost my RPing touch!